Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited March 28, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Two to be exact:

7004577301_96e1580043_z.jpg

6858461518_aecf334b02_c.jpg

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2012
    I can only follow one conversation at a time. #2 looks more interesting ! than #1.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2012
    and I like one more then two, go figure rolleyes1.gif
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2012
    I prefer #2 for its content, and adherence to some fundamental of aesthetic photographic beauty. I'm amateur like that.
    edited March 21, 2012
    Now I don't know which one to follow.ne_nau.gif
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2012
    These are great, and could be the start of a longer series.

I like the bodylanguage in both. THat first shot is such a familiar moment, talking to another woman with hand on their knee. It's such a female move.

I also enjoyed #2.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited March 21, 2012
    I would have to say that # 1 does have nice intimate quality about it,and the lighting makes it even more appealing. I do enjoy both.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 22, 2012
    I like the bodylanguage in both. THat first shot is such a familiar moment, talking to another woman with hand on their knee. It's such a female move.
    15524779-Ti.gif and the body language in #2 is entirely masculine. Good job on both. thumb.gif
    edited March 22, 2012
    Thanks folks. I didn't really notice the polar differences between the two images and their gender-related activities. Good eye, more experienced photographers!
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2012
    There's definitely a gender difference physically between the two shots. But of composition, I prefer the second if only that you pushed the composition to the edges and let the story tell itself in-between. The first is too direct and simple. Might be the photographer. mwink.gif
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2012
    Good shooting, Quincy. I agree with Jennifer, and I'd add that you were fortunate to have the light you had in #2. If the face of the guy on the left hadn't had that corona from the backlight he'd have merged with the guy behind him and the shot would have failed.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2012
    I prefer the first for the connection between the two subjects, the geometry of the legs and arms, the hand on the leg, and the expression on the face of the woman on the left, which to me says, 'And your hand is on my leg, why?' ;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
    edited March 28, 2012
    Thank you for the thoughts everyone, they are appreciated and carefully placed in the brain housing group as always.