An Indecisive Moment

seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
edited April 30, 2012 in Street and Documentary
mitch_full_1032.jpg
Mitch, 2011

Comments

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2012
    Nicely unbalanced lines and forced indifference. Earthquakes have a place in a thought through shot. Part of something?
  • seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2012
    No, this was just a one-off kind of shot with my cellphone. And I'm not really sure why I like it, or why it keeps growing on me. I could say it's the color - the door, the scarf, the complimentary blue/red - or the shadow - which is hers, not his or that it looks like a polaroid, a family album kind of shot, with something more, a bit of alienation to it. But I don't know. It just has something of an undefinable authenticity to it perhaps. A real moment with no decisive moment. Like Seinfield, it's a photo about nothing, except it isn't. I just like it.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    seastack wrote: »
    No, this was just a one-off kind of shot with my cellphone. And I'm not really sure why I like it, or why it keeps growing on me. I could say it's the color - the door, the scarf, the complimentary blue/red - or the shadow - which is hers, not his or that it looks like a polaroid, a family album kind of shot, with something more, a bit of alienation to it. But I don't know. It just has something of an undefinable authenticity to it perhaps. A real moment with no decisive moment. Like Seinfield, it's a photo about nothing, except it isn't. I just like it.

You like the photographer. That's it! mwink.gifDrolleyes1.gif

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    Thanks NeilL. Your opinion is highly valued. So happy they lifted that ban on your account.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    seastack wrote: »
    Thanks NeilL. Your opinion is highly valued. So happy they lifted that ban on your account.

lol

it's the colors and the smoker..you are right..it's a shot about nothing but I kinda like it.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    Great color. Great light. Good composition - nice lines. It's definitely about something, and is very evocative. Nice.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed