Options

Advice on lenses

shuttershutter Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited November 7, 2005 in Cameras
I have a 300D which I hope to upgrade to something more substantial when and if my plans work out.

Anyway, would like to get a couple of EF lenses that would work on this camera and a newer one (which would either be a 20D or maybe even a pro Canon). Budget would be up to £800 for each of a short zoom, long zoom and a long telephoto (eg 400mm)

Any ideas or experiences welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    EL lenses on full frame sensors
    shutter wrote:
    I have a 300D which I hope to upgrade to something ... be a 20D or maybe even a pro Canon ...
    Be careful because - as long as I can remember - the EL lenses are NOT :uhoh designed to work with full frame sensors.
    Now, I have no time to look for this information for you, but I thought I should give you this little and important tip ...
    Good shots !:D
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    Be careful because - as long as I can remember - the EL lenses are NOT :uhoh designed to work with full frame sensors.
    Now, I have no time to look for this information for you, but I thought I should give you this little and important tip ...
    Good shots !:D
    Uh, what? EL lenses?

EF-S lenses aren't designed for full frame (I don't think) but EF lenses most certainly are designed for full frame sensors.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif