Options

More than one print lab for each gallery

dancingwithlightdancingwithlight Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
edited March 27, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi,

I'm a pro smugmugger from the UK.

I haven't quite got my head around pricelists yet but I'm very happy you now use Loxley for printing in the UK.

My question is - can I set up a pricelist with the option of both a US and a UK lab from the same gallery. I'm sure I used to be ablle to do this in the past.

If not, how do I easily cater for customers both sides of the pond?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    Hi,

I'm a pro smugmugger from the UK.

I haven't quite got my head around pricelists yet but I'm very happy you now use Loxley for printing in the UK.

My question is - can I set up a pricelist with the option of both a US and a UK lab from the same gallery. I'm sure I used to be ablle to do this in the past.

If not, how do I easily cater for customers both sides of the pond?

Cheers

There isn't a real way to do this. In a single gallery, some orders would have to cross the pond to get there.

I mean, you technically **could** set up duplicate galleries selling photos from two different labs if you would like. This way you could have a (for example) "Landscapes-EUR" gallery, as well as a "Landscapes-US" gallery.

What you may want to do is post the multiple labs idea in our feedback forum here. This will get your voice out there and allow others to comment and vote on this request.

-KevinW
    Support Hero
  • Options
    dancingwithlightdancingwithlight Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    There isn't a real way to do this. In a single gallery, some orders would have to cross the pond to get there.

I mean, you technically **could** set up duplicate galleries selling photos from two different labs if you would like. This way you could have a (for example) "Landscapes-EUR" gallery, as well as a "Landscapes-US" gallery.

What you may want to do is post the multiple labs idea in our feedback forum here. This will get your voice out there and allow others to comment and vote on this request.

-KevinW
    Support Hero

Thank you Kevin - I have posted the idea.

Not quite sure what you mean by "cross the pond" - in a way that is exactly what I am trying to save customers having to do. I would like to be able to offer local (to the customer) print lab products from the same gallery - having duplicate galleries to achieve this just seems a bit cumbersome.

Thanks anyway :)
  • Options
    cmjdaviescmjdavies Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2012
    Can you provide the link to your feedback forum post as I'd like to vote for it. This is very important for a UK photographer wanting to hit both UK and US markets,

Thanks

Chris
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,270 moderator
    edited March 26, 2012
    cmjdavies wrote: »
    Can you provide the link to your feedback forum post as I'd like to vote for it. This is very important for a UK photographer wanting to hit both UK and US markets
    http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/2709483-allow-print-sales-from-us-lab-for-us-customers-and

--- Denise
  • Options
    salobaassalobaas Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2012
    Yes, please add this very logical option. I've added my votes for this feature.

Cheers, Fons.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2012
    i TOO ADDED MY VOTES FOR THIS FEATURE....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website