Hot Night

RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
edited March 25, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Quincy's fine fountain shots reminded me of this one. It has to stay in color for the full effect.

Uncle%20Wilbur%20at%20Night.jpg

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    Good one Russ. Did you consider cropping the dude to the far left + a spout; might reduce asymmetrical balance somewhat. Yup, color it is.
    Rags
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    I like it as is. The children off in their own world, the adults in theirs. I Like how the water spout divides the men.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    I think Liz is right. I thought about cropping off the left side, but I think it has to stay to give context.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    RSL wrote: »
    I think Liz is right. I thought about cropping off the left side, but I think it has to stay to give context.

I love it, and while at first I agree with the idea to crop, but I know it's only my desire to see nice pretty pictures telling me to do that. When I truly see the image, then I realize it's critical.
    edited March 23, 2012
    What other context does their need to be apart from some children playing in a fountain ?
    The small girl is the subject of the image with some other children playing adds context. IMO opinion the gentlemen are nothing more than a distraction. What context do the men add to the image?
    edited March 24, 2012
    I think it adds a juxtaposition between youth and age. The men unoccupied and observing, the children fascinated with the fountain.
    edited March 24, 2012
    Right, Quincy. I agree. Also, the overhead lights and the benches in the background give it a sense of place: they show that this is a park where people come with their kids. Tight cropping would make it a different picture.
    edited March 24, 2012
    I think their their planning a bank heist.
    edited March 24, 2012
    Especially that guy with the towel. He's got to be the ringleader.
    edited March 24, 2012
    Well it is your photo and you folks are right.I thought it was a news paper thanks for pointing out the towel,but I still think that it doesn't give the subject fair treatment.
    edited March 25, 2012
    RSL wrote: »
    Especially that guy with the towel. He's got to be the ringleader.

Probably a Rolex he's wearing from the last scheme's haul.