Options

Lurker taking the plunge...

bobbiejo80bobbiejo80 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited March 23, 2012 in People
I've been an avid DGrin lurker for quite a while now, today I am taking the plunge with my first post and I might as well go big.

I was wondering if you wonderful Dgrinners would mind looking through my website and giving me some feedback. I have been in business since June 2011. Been shooting for many years but didn't get the business started until last year. Gotta start somewhere...

I am putting my big girl pants on so I should be able to take what you throw at me. Thanks for taking the time.

Here goes...
:cry

www.formethisisheaven.com

Bobbie

Comments

• Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    Hi there! Welcome to the world of posting :)

I took a quick look at your site and I think that it is clean and well put together, and your images look great. My very tiny nitpicks would be to have another go at the section that is about you and to simplify your pricing... maybe pull out one or two of your session options.

In the section that it is about you, I think it is awesome that you state that you are a mother and a wife first and foremost. It's great that you show the world what it is important to you. Beyond that, you say that photographing people is your heaven... so maybe rather than going into detail about your little kiddos - or perhaps in addition to it - you can use the section that follows to talk about why this is your heaven. Really dig deep and figure out why you want to do what you do and put it out there. It might be a point of connection for people that share the same values and ideals as you... and those are the folks that you ultimately want to work with, yeah?

Anyway, that's just my two cents. :)

Great start and good luck!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2012
    Kinkajou,

Thanks for you comments. I will definitely rework my about me section. I do want that connection with people... more about making friends with people than looking for clients. So far, I have met some great people and make it a point to be a friend, not just a photographer. So, I will work that into it.

Thanks,
    Bobbie
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    Took a short look through, some good shots in there. Don't be shy...post away. Welcome.
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2012
    Thank you Zoomer... I will start doing that.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    yeah..I took a look. overall good stuf.. a couple of great images, a few mediocre..maybe 2 tossers. don't be shy!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2012
    Qarik,

Thanks for the comments. I think I know which are the tossers... I will go through and weed out the less than great ones.
    Thanks.