Options

Ch:51 Magic card tricks

SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
edited November 6, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Theme of 'magic', 'card tricks' etc I've picked a few from the many. ReQuire a little work. Any advice, comments good or bad most welcome. :D

acecard.jpg

cardblur.jpg

cardfly.jpg

bwcards.jpg

Comments

• Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    I like the first one best Darren. Cool shot. I'm a sucker for cards....
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2005
    Thanks erich, I think I like the 1st one better. What does anyone else think on the crop/selection headscratch.gif

Problem is I took so many shots that I can't decide on what I like and what I don't. What do you make of this 'mad' shot??? Gotta be worth a laugh?

I don't normally look this crazy eek7.gif :oogle :crazy :eek1 It's the telekenisis powers that flow from the eyes into the card.. as if.... rolleyes1.gif

IMG_2238.jpg
  • Options
    jweathersonjweatherson Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    I like the floating card shot... that's a laugh.
    I think I like the second one for an entry shot, but it needs to be a little lighter at least on my screen...
    But well done... thumb.gif
    -James Weatherson

http://brit.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2005
    just in case anyone thought I was cheating with photoshop or other by pasting/importing the card into the shot......not so. Is something like this to anyone's taste for the challenge or should I stick with the hand/card shots??????
    IMG_2241.jpg
  • Options
    erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    Darren,

I like the crop in the second one and the way you captured the motion but that's just my taste. Of the last ones I like the one where you are eyeing the card like mad. :cool

Erich
  • Options
    ShannonWShannonW Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    I really like the first one! And both shots with the ace card
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,206 moderator
    edited November 5, 2005
    The first of the floating cards is my favorite of that series. The first shot of the first series is also a winner. thumb.gif

BTW, all your shots above seem too dark on my monitor.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2005
    David_S85 wrote:
    The first of the floating cards is my favorite of that series. The first shot of the first series is also a winner. thumb.gif

BTW, all your shots above seem too dark on my monitor.

Thanks for your comments (& others)

headscratch.gif The first shot and the floating card shot's were taken in the dark with a lamp light trying to throw light onto the cards only, keeping myself in the dark.
    How dark do they seem, are the cards too dark as well?

For instance the first shot should show the light captured on the ace card, the fast King and just some light captured on the hands only.
    The second shot is too dark and didn't turn out too well.
    Both floating ace shots seem ok on my monitor, whilst the first one the light is warmer, the 2nd I de-saturated to get rid of the reddish glow but on both you can see very little detail of myself and hardly none of the background.
    It may be just my poor taste in this department but I thought the limited lighting offers more 'mystery' to the shots and keeps the focus on the 'magic' theme. Or are these too dark overall?
    Thanks for raising the point (& JW) I need further opinion so I can correct if I am making a mistake.

edit: I've had a go at lighting these two, any better or still too dark? I can always re-shoot. Also I think I prefer the longer crop on the 1st one or as below?
    flyingking.jpg

flyingace1.jpg