Options

DSS 99 Practicing

lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
edited April 2, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have really looked forward to playing with this challenge & finally got to take some shots today! How do they look?

1. The Piano Lesson
IMG7661-2-M.jpg

2. Practicing
IMG7673-M.jpg

3. Practicing
IMG7698-M.jpg

4. Practicing
IMG7706-M.jpg
~Lillian~
A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2012
    Nice idea! I think I like #2 the most. I'm not a Rockwell expert at all, but this one seems the closet to me. Although I would like to see it without the framing or maybe just not so tight.
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback - Here it is without the circle & with it wider:
    2b.
    IMG7673b-M.jpg
    2c.
    IMG7673c-M.jpg
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
  • Options
    Moving PicturesMoving Pictures Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2012
    Picking nits - I like the same - 2 - but the colour cast is a bit disconcerting.
    Newspaper photogs specialize in drive-by shootings.
    Forum for Canadian shooters: www.canphoto.net
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2012
    Very nice! A little fine tuning will do the trick. I definitely got the Rockwell feel from these. I like #2 - there were a lot of semi-circles in Rockwells. Love the actions of the cat!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2012
    #2b, hands down! clap.gif The color cast does not bother me at all. That cat is the icing on the cake. I prefer the version without the semi circle. I think the semi circle was used mostly on Saturday Evening Post magazine covers. To me it looks weird on its own.
  • Options
    Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2012
    I like both 2c and 2b better than 2, but 2b is my favorite. Nicely done!
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2012
    Another vote for 2B--these are all really nice!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2012
    2b and 2c! Hard to say which I like better....and the kitten....oh, so charming! Love the look of these.
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2012
    Thanks for the comments Moving Pictures, Sandi, Linda, Pat, Kate & Leah! Funny thing about the kitty - he would NOT stay on the piano, so every shot I got he was climbing down! I did make some adjustments and ended up with my entry below - thanks again for the help!

Entry1-M.jpg
    ~Lillian~
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2012
    I love your entry, Lillian... it's one of the very few that have been entered thus far that says Rockwell to me. Will definitely have my vote. :)
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com