Options

WTB: Nikon 85mm f/1.8D

LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
edited November 7, 2005 in Flea Market
This is likely most applicable to those making a Nikon to Canon (or other) switch in gear.

New, the lense is $335. I'd rather not wait, but this is out of my budget range. I'm curious what the used market is outside ebay... 'cause I'd have a lot more faith in the quality of used from someone at DGrin (is my faith misplaced?).

Comparable lenses are cool with me, meaning: 70-100mm (but fixed whatever it is), f/2.5 (max), manual focus... but it has to make sense, be in good working order and function with a Nikon D70s.

Oh, and I'd prefer a phone conversation before the final deal is struck. I think that one less level of anonymity prevents a good number of 'hit-and-runs.'
We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
... come along.

Comments

• Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2005
    I just bought this lens used for $200 over at Fred Miranda. Try trolling around over there and at Nikonians.

While there are a few fellow Nikonians on this board, most of us love our glass too much to part with it.

For the money, you can't beat this lens. Consider the fact that the 85mm, f1.4 is over $1,000!eek7.gif
  • Options
    LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    haven't found anyting yet, but I wanted to write thankyou for pointing me toward some possibilities
    -Rich
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.