lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited March 29, 2012 in Street and Documentary
sp-144-XL.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2012
    Good shooting, Liz. Bet HCB would love it.
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2012
    great shot
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2012
    Liz...this shot is just plain cool. Nice capture.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 27, 2012
    Great capture. I'll probably get chased out of town for this, but I'll say it anyway--I'd get rid of the kid and pole on the left. :hide
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    Great capture. I'll probably get chased out of town for this, but I'll say it anyway--I'd get rid of the kid and pole on the left. :hide

Well, getting chased out of town might be a bit extreme but perhaps a very light tarring and feathering would be appropriate. I think the little guy deserves to stay....brought his glove and all.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2012

I'd agree, Richard, though I hate to see the kid go since he's being so patient and waiting his turn. Problem is, he's a distraction rather than a contributor.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2012
    Either way nice grab Liz
    Rags
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2012
    RSL wrote: »
    Good shooting, Liz. Bet HCB would love it.

Thanks Russ :)
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited March 27, 2012
    damonff wrote: »
    great shot

thank you Damon
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited March 27, 2012
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Liz...this shot is just plain cool. Nice capture.

Thanks Ed--I think that 28mm (borrowed) together w/ my full frame just makes for a nice touch. I wish I didn't have to give back the 28mm.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited March 27, 2012

I know what you mean Richard. Just so you know, I did debate about it and went back and forth. In the end I chose this because I like the wider feel to the shot.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited March 27, 2012
    Well, getting chased out of town might be a bit extreme but perhaps a very light tarring and feathering would be appropriate. I think the little guy deserves to stay....brought his glove and all.

Tom

hey Tom:)
    You know, I was so busy trying to decide to keep or crop the kid out (I do like how the little girls look there all by themselves), and then you went and pointed out the little guy had a glove and I think maybe a ball in the glove. Well now I just can't crop it.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited March 27, 2012
    RSL wrote: »
    I'd agree, Richard, though I hate to see the kid go since he's being so patient and waiting his turn. Problem is, he's a distraction rather than a contributor.

I see your point and this will become a source of some anxiety for me, to crop not to crop. I like the added story of hte little guy waiting his turn, but I do also see him as a distraction, however the wider feel of the shot wins out for me.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited March 27, 2012
    torags wrote: »
    Either way nice grab Liz

thanks Rags:)
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2012
    For me, kid stays...because it's not only about the kids looking through the fence, it's about the neighborhood...and life on the streets...and the kid waiting his turn adds to the story.

So, don't fret about the crop...I think you made the right decision.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2012
    I think the boy is a distraction and it takes away from the experience the other children are having.When several possibilities exist,the simplest solution is the best. IMO