Options

Rumored D3200 24mp?

ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited March 29, 2012 in Cameras
http://goo.gl/VC721

This is a legitimate link to Nikon Rumors, the actual URL was a bit long but can be found here
Nikon will soon announce the D3200 DSLR camera which will replace the current D3100 ($549). The expected specs are:

24 MP sensor
11 AF points
4 fps
ISO range: 100-6400, with hi-ISO of 12800
Improved video functionality
The Nikon D3200 will have some kind of a Wi-Fi connection that is supposed to offer few very interesting new features
Announcement in April, 2012

Comments

• Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2012
    Yep, the megapixel wars are done. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    insanefredinsanefred Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2012
    MarkR wrote: »

Blame the forums members of dpreview. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2012
    On a slightly related note, I'm gonna be sad if they totally skip putting the awesome D7000 sensor into a D300s body, and go straight to 24 MP DX in a D400 this year.

Of course judging by the D800, there's not much hope... Nikon seems to be in the mood to cannibalize lineups (D3X) ...as well as leapfrog entire ranges... (12-36 megapixels)

Oh well. Bring it on! I dunno how close it can come to the D700 / D3, though. Judging by how far above the D3X sensor is above the A900, and various other Sony / Nikon shared sensors, ...Sony's A77 24 megapixel DX sensor seems to be too far down the scale. Nikon would have to improve the ISO by what, a stop and a half at least?

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2012
    What Matt said. I want a rippin D400 with no more than 16megapixels. The d800...........ehhhhh
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2012
    Zerodog wrote: »
    What Matt said. I want a rippin D400 with no more than 16megapixels. The d800...........ehhhhh

Yep. 24 megapixels just gives us less of a chance of having 8 FPS. Of course it wouldn't be impossible, considering that Canon cranks 18 megapixel 14-bit lossless RAW files at 8 FPS in the 7D. (And Nikon has 12-bit, compressed NEF modes available...)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2012
    MarkR wrote: »

The megapixel wars are done. This is the new megapixel war. You can thank Sony for killing a lot of engineering assumptions.