Options

Printing and ink problems

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
edited July 28, 2004 in Technique
Hi, could'nt decide where to put this question so I've landed here. I have to print out 12 8x10 pictures, one for each of the cal. girls to keep. If I print on Archival Paper with my canon s600 will they last do you think? or will they fade, change color, etc etc. They just want the picture.. they don't understand that it's not Kodak printing this out. Any hints greatly appreciated.
Lynn:dunno

Comments

  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2004
    naughty.gif Unsolicited advice. naughty.gif You could use smugmug to make the prints professionally for a modest sum.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    naughty.gif Unsolicited advice. naughty.gif You could use smugmug to make the prints professionally for a modest sum.
    Ya know Sid? I did think of that? What I may do is... print the prints and give them out and then advise them that if they want a long lasting "professional" print they could buy them from Smugmug..

    I can't stretch to buying them... this voluntary project has cost me a fortune in ink and photo paper.. all in a good cause for sure but it has to stop now. Hey? you wanna see the press release in the local rag? deal.gif
    Lynn
    p.s. I wish we had spell check on this message board.
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi, could'nt decide where to put this question so I've landed here. I have to print out 12 8x10 pictures, one for each of the cal. girls to keep. If I print on Archival Paper with my canon s600 will they last do you think? or will they fade, change color, etc etc. They just want the picture.. they don't understand that it's not Kodak printing this out. Any hints greatly appreciated.
    Lynnne_nau.gif
    I actually find it cheaper to print professionally. Not only do you save the wear and tear on your home printer, you save by not having clogged jets ruin an image, etc. The prints look and feel better when printed professionally. The prints also last longer. Fuji crystal archive paper is nominally rated at 80 years.

    Ezprints, ofoto, even walmart can make prints that last a lifetime. And it's cheaper than printing yourself in nearly every circumstance (I find). YMMV
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Hey? you wanna see the press release in the local rag? deal.gif
    Lynn

    Cool! Yes, I sure do. Let the controversy begin!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
Sign In or Register to comment.