Options

#99 - New Rockwell Option

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited March 31, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Went to Disney today to get some people photos... I have a few more to edit but how does this one do for this challenge?

1. Merry Go Round
DisneyMar28-045edit-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2012
    I think it's a great idea....I'd like to see more of the animal he's riding...I think it'd tell more of the story.
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2012
    Another version...

ChallengeBoy2-L.jpg

And yet another subject...

ChallengeArtist-L.jpg
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2012
    The "Another version..." Is wonderful and the colors are superb - too bad there is not more focus on the boy's face...

The painter is very nice too clap.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2012
    I would agree with photo-funtasia.
    The painter I guess could be more substantial if the painting was closer to painter's size and his head seems too be to close to the painting. The partial frame on right is distracting to me. Either I want to see a little bit more of it or don't see it at all.
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2012
    Of these I like the third one best... I personally think it'd be better if there were a little more about the portrait artist - some view where he has expression... but I think it works pretty well as-is. The treatment where you removed the background also works best on this photo, not sure of the other two, it seems a bit harsh - maybe have a nice fade like the third? Less of a line around the main subject? I know it's mimicing an illustration, but I think it may need more work? Not that I have the skills or programs to do anything other than minor tweaks to photos, just trying to write down my reactions.