#98 Rockwell - Please help me decide!

travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
edited April 2, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Please tell me which one of these do you think would fit better to the challenge theme:

i-VM4b3Hj-XL.jpg

i-zLqXRgx-XL.jpg

i-TrsKRLM-XL.jpg

#4 :)

i-WnSbT74-XL.jpg

i-zZvr7NV-XL.jpg

i-5gBpTW5-XL.jpg

Thank you,
Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
VegasGreatAttractions.com
Travelways.com

Comments

• red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2012
    I really like # 2, #5 second, #6 next.
    I like the sense of every day on the second, the perfect ease of a family on what must be a normal day there. The kid in the doorway is great.
    #5 I like the schoolgirl sweeping... hard to imagine a child that age doing chores like that at school here in the US... or maybe that was just my experience! I wish there was a little less foreground though, maybe less on the left, too?
    #6 I like the vibrant colors and the animated conversation...

I think of Rockwell as being a little more posed, a "cleaned up" or "ideal" version of an every-day sort of life... of course, with illustrators, that's often the best way to convey a message, fewer distractions!

Actually, I'm going to change my vote!
    I like #5 best! I'd probably still crop a bit from the bottom and the left, but still, it's got the clearest message, the least peripheral stuff going on, and I think it's probably the most "on -theme"

P.S. I get that processing is part of the Rockwell thing, but #3 is just way over the top for me.

Great work!
    FWIW, I like 1 & 3 best.
    #1, I like how she is framed by the cloth and her pose of just siting and reading. The processing is nice, I like it.
    #3, I like the activity of the girls. Yes, the processing is a bit extreme, but I like it, though I could be alone in that. I think it could use just a touch of straightening, bring that right side down just a bit. I also wonder about a square crop on that on to eliminate the right side. It seems to be distracting me.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2012
    Thank you very much Donna and Jake

I actually thought to play with some other shots I took earlier - in a new thread
    Travelways.com
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2012
    I like the girls in #3, but I am not sure you have nailed the processing. I am struggling with processing as well.
    edited April 1, 2012
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    I like the girls in #3, but I am not sure you have nailed the processing. I am struggling with processing as well.

Thank you WhatSheSaw. I think I'll be going with the coconut boy, anyway :)
    Travelways.com
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2012
    I really like the one you entered - great shot & love the promotional look of it - very Rockwell! But my favorite is #3 above with maybe a bit of crop on the right. I keep coming back to that one - the facial expression & interaction are great! #4 is just too funny!!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
    edited April 2, 2012
    lkbart wrote: »
    I really like the one you entered - great shot & love the promotional look of it - very Rockwell! But my favorite is #3 above with maybe a bit of crop on the right. I keep coming back to that one - the facial expression & interaction are great! #4 is just too funny!!

Thank you Lillian :)
    Travelways.com