SP1 and SP2

rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
edited April 8, 2012 in Street and Documentary
i-LqBLG2h-XL.jpg

i-HxpZBwG-XL.jpg

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2012
    Both are good shots ! #1 is very interesting, and daring the curved lines in the pavement really adds to the image IMO. However I do prefer #2 although I am a bit bothered by the right hand side of the image .
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 31, 2012
    Took me a while to figure out the title--I haven't had enough coffee yet and kept thinking Service Pack lol3.gif. I like the second one--especially the framing of the face between your feet--but agree with lensmole about the right side.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    Both are good shots ! #1 is very interesting, and daring the curved lines in the pavement really adds to the image IMO. However I do prefer #2 although I am a bit bothered by the right hand side of the image .
    Richard wrote: »
    Took me a while to figure out the title--I haven't had enough coffee yet and kept thinking Service Pack lol3.gif. I like the second one--especially the framing of the face between your feet--but agree with lensmole about the right side.

Thanks for looking and commenting! Not sure what the objection is to the right side... to me it adds a third face and adds to the setting without initially intruding on the main subject.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 1, 2012
    rainbow wrote: »
    Thanks for looking and commenting! Not sure what the objection is to the right side... to me it adds a third face and adds to the setting without initially intruding on the main subject.
    Hmmm...well, for one thing, since that face is at the edge of a wide angle shot, it's rather distorted. In any event, it wasn't that face that bothered me, it was the plastic bag and to a lesser extent, that metal cylinder (not too sure what it is). I just don't think they add anything and I like to keep it simple whenever possible.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2012
    Both are very well done - and the face and stuff on the right in #2 do, indeed, complete the image.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2012
    Yes the plastic bag and the boy being framed so nicely by the vertical lines created from the thermos and the lamp stand divides the image into segments and thus my interest .
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012
    Music teacher Rainbow? The things you learn here everyday--nice surprise.

I think the feet up on the desk is pretty hysterical--I don't think I could get away with that at the office.

I like #2 the most, gives a little insight into you--little snack in the bag, thermos, feet up, white socks rolleyes1.gif.

BTW, what is that book you have on your lap?
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited April 7, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    Hmmm...well, for one thing, since that face is at the edge of a wide angle shot, it's rather distorted. In any event, it wasn't that face that bothered me, it was the plastic bag and to a lesser extent, that metal cylinder (not too sure what it is). I just don't think they add anything and I like to keep it simple whenever possible.
    lensmole wrote: »
    Yes the plastic bag and the boy being framed so nicely by the vertical lines created from the thermos and the lamp stand divides the image into segments and thus my interest .

Thanks for the followup. I actually like that part (see subsequent reply)...
    edited April 7, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Both are very well done - and the face and stuff on the right in #2 do, indeed, complete the image.
    Music teacher Rainbow? The things you learn here everyday--nice surprise.

I think the feet up on the desk is pretty hysterical--I don't think I could get away with that at the office.

I like #2 the most, gives a little insight into you--little snack in the bag, thermos, feet up, white socks rolleyes1.gif.

BTW, what is that book you have on your lap?

Thanks, B. D. and Liz!

I am substitute teaching in this class (which later included a period of guitar). The snack baggie and the coffee thermos are an essential part of my persona for a self portrait, as are the feet on the desk.

And SP1 should tell you that I am 6 feet, 15 inches tall! ne_nau.gif ... the things you learn here... rolleyes1.gif

And good question! The book is Annie Liebovitz at Work. I had just flipped to the first page (which is shown) and noted her self portrait on the left... which of course inspired me to take SP2!
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    rainbow wrote: »
    Thanks, B. D. and Liz!

I am substitute teaching in this class (which later included a period of guitar). The snack baggie and the coffee thermos are an essential part of my persona for a self portrait, as are the feet on the desk.

And SP1 should tell you that I am 6 feet, 15 inches tall! ne_nau.gif ... the things you learn here... rolleyes1.gif

And good question! The book is Annie Liebovitz at Work. I had just flipped to the first page (which is shown) and noted her self portrait on the left... which of course inspired me to take SP2!
    Does being 6 feet, 15 inches tall mean your really 7 feet, 3 inches tall ( like myself) or are you actually 6' - 5" and that was a typo? headscratch.gif

:D

Don

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • avangardphotoavangardphoto Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2012