#99 processing - help me decide?

red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
edited March 31, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've just gotten the update of Picasa 3 and there's a slew of new effects on there... still pretty basic, but about all I have time for these days.

My brother-in-law was over and giving his son a bath last weekend - so obviously it was a huge photo session! The claw-foot is so much better for that than our standard tub... my favorite is this one where just the hands are in focus on the edge of the tub, and I've done it a few different ways:

#1 almost sooc
DSC1263-XL.jpg
#2 "holga-ish"
DSC1263-XL.jpg
#3 lots of steps,
DSC1263-001-XL.jpg
#4 "hdr-ish" + brighten + posterize
DSC1263-002-XL.jpg
pull back shots
DSC1268-XL.jpg
DSC1272-XL.jpg

and our faithful lab keeping an eye on us from the top step.
DSC1309-X2.jpg

I'm thinking of #1-4 and would like to hear thoughts/ concerns/ criticisms / if this is on topic or not.
Thanks for looking!

Which version should I use? 0 votes

0% 0 votes
0% 0 votes
0% 0 votes
0% 0 votes
Keep shooting, try another theme.
0% 0 votes

Comments

• angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2012
    Invite your BIL back over with son and this time get down to floor level and find some shots or set up some shots. Processing is all good, but composition trumps, and I think your composition could use a redo! Thats my vote.
    tom wise
  • red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2012
    Thanks for the advice Tom!
    Unfortunately they're a pretty long drive away, so I went through my pictures to find the lowest perspective - which was this photo below... the space is pretty tight and the sides of this tub pretty tall, so from the ground I'd lose my subject! (even with the rim you could see the top of his head) That may just mean scrapping and going with another candid from the weekend.
    DSC1252-L.jpg