IEMPG-Civil-War-2012-03-31-206-XL.jpg4

IEMPG-Civil-War-2012-03-31-202-XL.jpg5

IEMPG-Civil-War-2012-03-31-227-XL.jpg6

IEMPG-Civil-War-2012-03-31-138-XL.jpg7

IEMPG-Civil-War-2012-03-31-024-XL.jpg
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2012
    Nice set, very sobering. Gettysburgh? Antietam? Or elsewhere? I've been to a lot of battlefields but can't identify this one.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2012
    Chino, Ca.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2012
    Hi Lee,

I'm a huge Civil War buff. I really like what you've done with this series. The gun in that first picture looks to be some sort of a Gatling gun variation....without the rotating barrel. I don't think I've ever seen one quite like it. Know anything about it?

It's good to see you out and around.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2012
    Hi Tom. All I know about it is that it fires by way of turning a crank and that the soldiers I saw only fire about a half dozen shots at a time. Photo seven is the same gun.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

• Options
    DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2012
    very very cool! Thanks for sharing
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    Nice set of images Lee thumb.gif From what had to be a really interesting outing to be there and take it all in. No doubt ya did a lot of shooting yourself :D
    Tough for me to tell for certain if you passed some of these through PP yet. Or if you gave them the appearance some of them have intentionally. Or if they are all simply straight out of the camera.

Image 1 is pretty sweet as shown. Like the DOF you used for it. Came out nice.

Not familiar with the weapon in that picture either as Tom mentions. From a lot of looking around, I see that it is called the Agar "Coffee Mill". Apparently it was not deployed all that much and generally saw little action . This site details the weapons background real nice like ....
    http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/ref/MG/I/MG-2.html
    and others give additional bits of info yet should you care to check further deal.gif
    Michael