Options

Spoonman?

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited November 5, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Why is the spoonman theme called that? Also, I think it would be neat to release new themes as the holidays come (which appears to be what is being done) but also to have like a monthly contest of sorts where people submit themes and the best is chosen to be shared with all.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    Why Mike Named it Spoonman
    Why is the spoonman theme called that? Also, I think it would be neat to release new themes as the holidays come (which appears to be what is being done) but also to have like a monthly contest of sorts where people submit themes and the best is chosen to be shared with all.

The Dgrin Search Engine Comes Through Again

lol3.gif
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2005
    There are 90 year olds who are better at using search engines than I am, so sometimes I don't even try. Still though, I like my suggestion of theme contest. Oh, and I had notified people of photos monday, had no sales, set my theme to spoonman today, and now an order has been made for 9 prints. Hmmm...coincidence?
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2005
    Oh, and I had notified people of photos monday, had no sales, set my theme to spoonman today, and now an order has been made for 9 prints. Hmmm...coincidence?

spoonman rawks
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    There are 90 year olds who are better at using search engines than I am, so sometimes I don't even try. Still though, I like my suggestion of theme contest. Oh, and I had notified people of photos monday, had no sales, set my theme to spoonman today, and now an order has been made for 9 prints. Hmmm...coincidence?
    I don't see why we couldn't do the theme contest thing. I'm not sure how much participation we'd have. There have been only what 5 or 6 people actively building themes for which they'll get paid $500 for. ne_nau.gif.

I'd be more than happy to start running a dgrin only theme contest, heck I'd even recuse myself and be the judge only and not compete (maybe ask lee to do the same?).

Seems to me that a board full of photographers wouldn't have much interest in this. That, I think, is why I'm getting so much business. I'm thinking that lists like css discuss wouldn't have much use for a photography contest for similar reasons. I'll ping everyone to see what they think though.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2005
    Well I guess this is what I get for leaving dgrin for a while. I have no idea what you are talking aout when you say $500 and when you say you are getting lots of business (well, on the later I can rub two brain cells together and figure that you are providing theme making services for a fee). Time to hit the back pages.
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2005
    Well I guess this is what I get for leaving dgrin for a while. I have no idea what you are talking aout when you say $500 and when you say you are getting lots of business (well, on the later I can rub two brain cells together and figure that you are providing theme making services for a fee). Time to hit the back pages.

Here you go, marlinspike :Dtheme bounties

and also on onethumb's smug blog