Options

Megan

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited April 3, 2012 in People

Comments

• Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2012
    Usually not a big fan of sepia but I like the tones here and oh those dimples :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2012
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2012
    I think the sepia treatment works VERY well with this image, and those are some BODACIOUS dimples.

Question for you. The light appears to be coming from camera right as witnessed by the rim on her legs and her arm. Yet, the lighting on her face seems to be at least equal on the left side of her face, if not a touch brighter. Was there a reflector in play here or was that bounce from the wall?
  • Options
    mjoshi123mjoshi123 Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2012
    I like the image but not big fan of processing you did to the skin, it makes it look more artificial although she has very cute face.
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2012
    Thanks for the comments.
    The light is mostly from above, see the foot shadow. Her face is tilted up to catch the light, I never use reflectors.
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2012
    Nice job!thumb.gif

This would work well in a 4x5 or 4x4 ratio as well....taking away from the left of the frame.
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2012
    I like the sepia and she is super cute with the dimples.

Not sure I like the right side but, then again, not sure I don't. HMMMMMMheadscratch.gif
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2012
    Been pondering this one. It's of course your usual beautiful-light-beautiful-angle clean and elegant shot. But something about it didn't quite click for me. I think it's because everything is too close in tone - I'm guessing she's Latina (phillipine?) or Native American or another ethnicity with olive-y skin, and her face seems too much the same colour as everything around her, especially the stripes on the wall to camera right ne_nau.gif Maybe it's the result of a processing choice - not sure.

Feel churlish even mentioning it - you KNOW how much I love your work, and I'm sure she and her family are thrilled with it - but this one didn't give me the objective photography "wow factor" for some reason. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2012
    No worries, I rely on the good folks here to tell it like it is :).
    In this shot what jumped out at me was the light. In color it is a cute shot but the light is not dramatic and all the color takes the eye away from the subject.
    This version, after some dodge and burn...to me has dramatic light and shadow (not color)...which is what I like about it.
    The eye goes right to her face when you look at it.....or it should if I processed this correctly.

Appreciate the critique and understand your point.