Options

Aenna - No Sex, Just Fashion

2»

Comments

• Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2012
    Thanks again Diva. I see what you're saying but I'm still gonna defend my textures and backgrounds in some circumstances. Besides, you have to admit I have taken a LOT of what y'all have said and incorporated it into my shoots.

Pictures, thanks as always. That was as rational an explanation for a "rule" as I've ever heard (including anything in the US Senate or from any of Barry O's multiple czars).
    I know I'm pretty much alone in this BUT I think there are times when the BKG is part of the image. I can, and often now do, shoot bokeh headshots and I have modified my style significantly based on advice here but I haven't yet agreed not to disagree. :nah

Besides, who knows, maybe I'll make a convert myself someday.rolleyes1.gif

Seriously everyone, thanks for the C&C. The last look from this shoot is coming tomorrow so let's see what you all think of that one.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2012
    MP, I actually LOVE #1 in this set - John and I were comparing some earlier shoots of his with a stone wall that he's used a few times, IIRC (some of which I loved, you may recall, John :D. )

I think it's Zoomer who actually analyzed/parsed the angle-to-the-wall thing in one of your sets of shots back a while. I was glad, because it gave me much to think about in some of my own shoots. The crits/discussions your model sets have raised have been AWESOME for the rest of us, John - thanks for being so willing to share and discuss. Great stuff thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2012
    No worries Diva, I have enough fat to play the board pinãta for some time to come.:hurt

Fact is, I keep posting which means either 1) I too enjoy the back and forth and the learning or 2) I'm a masochistic moron. If we leave my wife of 30 years out of the discussion, the correct answer is #1.mwink.gif

As threatened, I'll be back with more tomorrow. Sound General quarters.:hide
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012

I know I'm pretty much alone in this BUT I think there are times when the BKG is part of the image.

I agree. IF there is a story to tell.:D
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012
    I should be arrested................

Oh... And um... Nice... ;) Really nice... And your images... Well They're great too... Hehe
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2012
    No probable cause to arrest you for admiring one so arresting as Anna, Doug.

HOWEVER, at the risk of hijacking my own thread, if you'd like to be arrested, I suggest you let Cindy be the arresting officer:

p956403930-3.jpg