Options

Candid moment - cute little girl.

mjoshi123mjoshi123 Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
edited April 3, 2012 in People
This one was shot using Canon 60D + EF100F2.8 L
1/320, F2.8, ISO400 handheld while girl was sitting on front of house. Perhaps this is my favorite picture from whole shoot, she was so excited to see her brother in all prom getup that she pulled out her own ballerina dress and put it up and waited on front porch to wave her brother go, I was anticipating this cute little moment while I was shooting prom and saw her moving around curiously. On this one I tried to use frame filler tip that is sticky of our dgrin thread but could not pull it exactly because I wanted girl to have her natural expression and not to pose for camera (thank you for that great thread)

lisa120331IMG1659-Edit-XL.jpg

same converted to B&W

lisa120331IMG1659-Edit-3-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2012
    A fantastic catch......this should be up on your wall and in your alb. Such a cute.
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2012
    Hackbone wrote: »
    A fantastic catch......this should be up on your wall and in your alb. Such a cute.

Thanks for your comments and thanks to Dgrin for that frame filler thread. I tried to follow it to heart with little bit of improvisation on my part as I tried to catch her expression watching her brother walk to car instead of making her pose to look at camera like what frame filler thread suggests. Anyway it is hard to make 4 year old do what you want in terms of posing. I think I've found my perfect portrait lens on 60D for outdoor with EF100F2.8L :)
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2012
    Oh wow, how adorable, what a treasured moment this capture is. Priceless. The story makes it complete. This is truly a gift for the family!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2012
    Thanks for your comment, probably as we gain experience we start observing things happening around us in different perspective :)