Teamwork

SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
edited April 7, 2012 in Street and Documentary
CA04041222442099-L.jpg
Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012
    Wow,
    with the forshortening in the shot it looks like seven out of ten people are just waiting to get electrocuted. All but the Motorcyclist, the brown shirted guy on the wooden ladder and the guy holding the black rope and the ladder! eek7.gif

ne_nau.gif

How many does it take to assemble a lamp post?

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 4, 2012
    Did you swap out a B&W version of this for color or am I losing my mind? I think the nice composition of this shot came across better in B&W.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Wow,
    with the forshortening in the shot it looks like seven out of ten people are just waiting to get electrocuted. All but the Motorcyclist, the brown shirted guy on the wooden ladder and the guy holding the black rope and the ladder! eek7.gif

ne_nau.gif

Don

Funny they don't look Polish (I am),

good comp fundamentals
    Rags
  • SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    Did you swap out a B&W version of this for color or am I losing my mind? I think the nice composition of this shot came across better in B&W.

Guilty as charged! Here it is. Still undecided on which I prefer headscratch.gif

CA04051201462130-L.jpg
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951
  • rsquaredrsquared Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Wow,

ne_nau.gif

Don

I don't think that's rope, looks like a bundle of wires that comes down from the new pole section through the middle of the existing one...
    Rob Rogers -- R Squared Photography (Nikon D90)
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012
    Guilty as charged! Here it is. Still undecided on which I prefer headscratch.gif

CA04051201462130-L.jpg

No contest--black and white.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2012
    Yeah, the "structure" of the shot is much easier to appreciate in B&W. Was this a pass-by shot or something you had time to work with? I can imagine the people were moving quickly.
  • SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2012
    michswiss wrote: »
    Yeah, the "structure" of the shot is much easier to appreciate in B&W. Was this a pass-by shot or something you had time to work with? I can imagine the people were moving quickly.

A bit of both. It was clear that they'd got a job on their hands and were going be there for some time and in actual fact the team were pretty much static in their relative positions. The biggest challenge was trying to get a clean shot as far as the traffic was concerned. It's a really busy junction, hence the need for the lights!
    Syncopation

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2012
    Really love the composition with the structure and people and all the lines crisscrossing. Color or b/w, both work for me, with a slight preference for the color version.