Comments

• damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012
    cool
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012
    damonff wrote: »
    cool

If you are really going to try a take like the other two "self-portrait, not street"- you really should be kissing your reflection rolleyes1.gif

Very cool--nice to put a face to the name. I love that big pop of blue.

I'm still waiting to "see" Rainbow--
    Liz A.
    _________
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2012
    Nice. Just fooling around?:-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2012
    Hey Scott, nice to meet you. Really good to put a somewhat clear face to name. I've posted a SP once before, I think a few years ago. I might create a new one in this new theme for the heck of it.
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Nice. Just fooling around?:-)

Thanks.

This was for an assignment called "Picture yourself" a couple years ago on a motorcycle forum I moderate. I was playing with some CD's and noticed how reflective they were then I saw the hole and IIRC held it up to the window to look through it. The reflective side was facing me so I saw myself and the blue sky in the center and the wheels started to turn. It's actually a reversed image to get Nikon to read properly too.

I must admit, I too enjoy seeing other dgrinners mugs. Makes this whole internet thing a tad bit more personal.

• M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2012
    michswiss wrote: »
    Hey Scott, nice to meet you. Really good to put a somewhat clear face to name. I've posted a SP once before, I think a few years ago. I might create a new one in this new theme for the heck of it.

You've only shown glimpses of your mug over a few shots so I look forward to meeting you as well! (and I'm sure it will be as creative as ever...)

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2012
    This might work for the previous SP. I think I might go much less serious for the next. My cat needs to be involved.
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2012
    michswiss wrote: »
    this might work for the previous sp. I think i might go much less serious for the next. My cat needs to be involved.

intense!
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2012
    Like your take here! I was wondering about how you were using your left hand in the reflection (not noticing that the "Nikon" was not reversed). And it is brilliant how you spaced the center of the disc with your lens!
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    Cooool.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography