Options

Heron

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited April 8, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
There is a vague difference between a Heron and a Egret..... This may be and Egret.

3-Birds-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2012
    Wow .. a big bird on a small branch. How long did he manage to stay up there?

Like how the big bird and the small bird are landing at the same time. One would have to wait a long time to grab a shot like this. Great capture thumb.gif
  • Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2012
    I'm wondering if this is a good image to 'break the rules' with. Specifically, the one that says leave more room ahead than behind. I'm thinking a square crop, that puts each bird close to the edge of the frame,looking out of the frame, making a triangle between the three of the them the strongest element in the photo, and playing up the opposing nature of their stances.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2012
    Very cool.
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2012
    It's a great blue heron--and a good shot.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited April 5, 2012
    Nice shot. I like kolibri's suggestion. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2012
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Wow .. a big bird on a small branch. How long did he manage to stay up there?

Like how the big bird and the small bird are landing at the same time. One would have to wait a long time to grab a shot like this. Great capture thumb.gif

Hi Mary K. Thanks for the comment.......I don't even know how they manage to land on those small branches and they can hang out there for a long time.
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2012
    kolibri wrote: »
    I'm wondering if this is a good image to 'break the rules' with. Specifically, the one that says leave more room ahead than behind. I'm thinking a square crop, that puts each bird close to the edge of the frame,looking out of the frame, making a triangle between the three of the them the strongest element in the photo, and playing up the opposing nature of their stances.

Thanks for dropping in commenting....... I will give the crop that you have suggested a try... I liked the picture of the birds but was never happy with the composition if that makes sense........:D
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2012
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Very cool.

Thanks... glad you liked it..........:D
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2012
    redleash wrote: »
    It's a great blue heron--and a good shot.

Thanks Lauren......:D
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2012
    richard wrote: »
    nice shot. I like kolibri's suggestion. thumb.gif

thanks richard.........:d
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2012
    Very good capture... well seen & well taken

Jeeze it's gettin' to be spring. I'll have to look for some birds
    Rags
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2012
    torags wrote: »
    Very good capture... well seen & well taken

Jeeze it's gettin' to be spring. I'll have to look for some birds

THANKS FOR THE COMMENT......I will be looking for your bird shots.......:D
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Thanks for dropping in commenting....... I will give the crop that you have suggested a try... I liked the picture of the birds but was never happy with the composition if that makes sense........:D

:marlin Makes perfect sense Gary. Happens to me often enough so I can easily relate :D
    Tough one to compose in the first place and count on getting the action shown. The suggested crop is a good one and may be just the ticket. This one is a toughfy to decide what kind of crop will leave ya with favorable impact me thinks.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2012
    DaddyO wrote: »
    :marlin Makes perfect sense Gary. Happens to me often enough so I can easily relate :D
    Tough one to compose in the first place and count on getting the action shown. The suggested crop is a good one and may be just the ticket. This one is a toughfy to decide what kind of crop will leave ya with favorable impact me thinks.

Hi Michel...... Thanks for looking in and commenting......Have you been shooting pictures?
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Have you been shooting pictures?

Thanks for asking Gary :D Not as much as I would like in answering your question. My last 2 sessions out I did in fact have you in mind all along the way on account of there were lots of horses, riders and plenty of cows wings.gif and for the longest time I have been wanting to put something up along the lines of what you have been sharing all along. I'm kinda excited to show you some of what I think are the better ones :D
    Michael
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2012
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Thanks for asking Gary :D Not as much as I would like in answering your question. My last 2 sessions out I did in fact have you in mind all along the way on account of there were lots of horses, riders and plenty of cows wings.gif and for the longest time I have been wanting to put something up along the lines of what you have been sharing all along. I'm kinda excited to show you some of what I think are the better ones :D

Hi Michael.......I will keep and eye out for your pictures. thumb.gif