Fully aware

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited April 8, 2012 in Street and Documentary
i-SskFSKn-XL.jpg

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2012
    Well, ar least by four out of eleven or so! thumb.gif:D

Fun shot. Might actually do better in B&W, since it is not about color.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2012
    This is a year-old shot that I liked but held back on. I normally pull back on sharing shots where I've engaged the subjects.

Doing a b&w version can always help to understand composition, whether or not you keep it. In this case I agree, it isn't about the colour. But the colour is a part of it and in my looking at it, colour keeps the image more engaging. Plus, the ultimate goal in street is to get everything in balance in some unexpected way. And rinse and repeat.
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2012
    As Don said, it's a fun shot, but on my monitor at least those are the pinkest legs I've ever seen. The guy in the upper left with the cell is the prize in this shot.
  • PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2012
    Time?
    I like the color. The processing and some of the clothes makes you wonder if it is current or early 80's. Agree with Russ, the guy in upper left is great. Aware, but uncaring with a slight amusement.thumb.gif
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2012
    I like the color in this because the people are vibrant, so the colors should
    be vibrant, too. B&W wouldn't communicate the gaiety of the group. (Can we
    still use "gaiety" with the old meaning?)

The pinks are awfully pink, but it may be my lack of a color corrected monitor.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2012
    I'm going to have to disagree on the color, it looks normal to my eyes on this MBP monitor. That girl is obviously pretty white, like me, and we do appear pink at times I guess. I'm not sure.

Anyway, I love this. Reminds me of a scaled down version of Raphael's School of Athens in a modern era.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    The couple on each side of the railing stand out to me but what I find interesting is the fact everybody is just hanging out on the steps, not a typical flow of people just going up and down.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    Lots to look at in this one. The person sitting on the far right really pulled me - such contrast from the joyful players in the middle of the shot. Reminded me of the cool kids in every school and those who fall outside of their coolness universe.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    Patti wrote: »
    Lots to look at in this one. The person sitting on the far right really pulled me - such contrast from the joyful players in the middle of the shot. Reminded me of the cool kids in every school and those who fall outside of their coolness universe.

I almost missed her Patti. I was so busy looking at the outgoing ones, the in your face ones that I nearly missed her. That was me in middle school, I should have spotted her quickly, but she does a fine job of blending in and not standing out.

I like this shot very much Jenn.
    Liz A.
    _________