Options

2012 Camaro LS

RevLinePhotoRevLinePhoto Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
edited April 13, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
Well I decided to trade in my BMW today for something with a bit more power, introducing my new 2012 Camaro LS

RevLine-Camaro-2-XL.jpg

RevLineCamaro-1-XL.jpg

RevLine-Camaro-3-XL.jpg

Not the quickest toy but great replacment of my 162k mile tired BMW.
BMW Tech
Live life to its fullest you never know whats in your future.
WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    Nice work. It's a sharp car very nicely photographed.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    Nice car and like the way you shot this! I am glad that the automakers have decided to go retro with some of their cars. Out of all of them, the Camaro and the Mustang look closest to the old ones.

If you need more power, then you'd have to go this route. It's a 2011 turned into a drag car.

052211-17-L.jpg

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2012
    Nice I really wonder how my V6 will take a blower like that could be interesting.
    BMW Tech
    WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2012
    Nice I really wonder how my V6 will take a blower like that could be interesting.

That one is not a V6. :D Actually, the only thing original on that car is the body parts. The guy that built this car, built it from the ground up, and took pain staking care to make sure it looked like the real thing. I think he bought a complete body package direct from GM to build this car.

You could add a blower to your engine if you kept the boost pretty low. To really go crazy, you'd have to replace the pistons with forged pistons. Then you'd have to take it somewhere that has a dyno and the ability to reprogram the computer for proper air/fuel mixtures. If you go that route, I'd wait till the warrenty runs out. The dealership won't honor the warrenty if it was not done by a certified dealership.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2012
    I find it odd that GM doesn't cover any aftermarket manufacturer programing. At work I upgrade and program many BMW's with dinan parts every week. Only if someone has installed items that are deemed damaging like a juice box programing do we not cover repairs or damages.
    BMW Tech
    WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2012
    I find it odd that GM doesn't cover any aftermarket manufacturer programing. At work I upgrade and program many BMW's with dinan parts every week. Only if someone has installed items that are deemed damaging like a juice box programing do we not cover repairs or damages.

I think it's one way for them (and alot of them do this) to turn down warrenty work, or charge for repairs done that should be covered under the warrenty. I've heard where a power adder was installled and a short time later had clutch problems. The dealer refused to repair the clutch under warrenty, claiming either the power adder wasn't a dealer approved item and/or installed by them, that the power adder caused the clutch to go bad. I've heard other stories not involving power adders ending the same way.

On another note, back in the 70's and 80's I worked as a mechanic (cerified by NAISE) at a small gas/service station, and went to GM's school for their computer system. Upon successfully completing the school, they told me that I was allowed only to diagnose the system for the first 5 years (length of the warrenty on the computer system). Aftr that, then I could start making the repairs. If I would have changed any parts involved with the computer system, it would have voided the warrenty for the customer.

GaryB
    GaryB
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2012
    I ran head-long into these warranty issues back in 2004. I was modifying a Subaru Forester for Solo II racing. I know, it sounds like an odd choice for such a thing but it was actually a perfect choice. I had the local dealer do all the work as he had a very complete performance dept. manned by guys that really knew their stuff. I gave this car the works....changed-out suspension, brake system re-do, and complete power train and drive train stroking. This thing was putting out 324 HP to the ground ....about 380 HP at the crank... and over 400 pounds-feet of torque when we got through with it. Obviously, Subaru balked at continuing the factory warranty on most of the systems. The dealer then stepped up...having relieved me of quite a few bucks....and backed all the work they had done with a very comprehensive, privately issued, warranty. I never had to make a claim. Those Subaru's are tough, tough machines.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2012
    I just read about the new street legal Shelby 950 HP Mustang. Just buy and drive no worries. :D

Sam
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2012
    You're quite the photographer - you even made a Chevy look good! rolleyes1.gif

Really nice work!
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2012
    I would say that chevy comment is cold but as this is my second American car it is kind of a experiment for me venturing out with new manufactures. So I guess we will see how I like it I can tell already you get what you paid for a decent motor and a pieced together vehicle. But you can't beat the bang for the buck that the Camaro has right now.
    BMW Tech
    WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2012
    I'm just having a little fun with you - I've been a Mopar guy all my life, so I couldn't resist giving a little tweak to the Chevy. :D