Rides

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited April 9, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Two versions--I like both for different reasons.

sp-3-6-L.jpg

sp-4-5-L.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    Both are wonderful but I like the geometry of the first one better.
  • avangardphotoavangardphoto Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2012
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    Both have their own qualities! The young child looks like she is having a fun time ,and the expression of the first senior lady brings it home.Looks like her twin following behind ?
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    The juxtaposition of the first is wonderful, and the fact that the second lady is following the first makes it even more interesting and kind of gives it that "next level" boost. My only nitpick about it is that the expression in the second picture - or at least the more concrete evidence that the girl is actively using the ride - makes that iteration of the little girl better in my opinion. Also, the pole is emerging straight out of her head in the first one.

It's hard for me to decide on either one. I almost want to say the second, but there's something about the perspective of the first that makes it more appealing to me.
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    I also see what Quincy speaks of.... I prefer the first, yet love the two other ladies and their 'rides'. thumb.gif

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2012
    damonff wrote: »
    Both are wonderful but I like the geometry of the first one better.

They both have something to offer, but that's the very reason I liked #1 also.
    Thanks Damon.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited April 9, 2012
    Cool shots. Thanks

Thank you.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited April 9, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    Both have their own qualities! The young child looks like she is having a fun time ,and the expression of the first senior lady brings it home.Looks like her twin following behind ?

It's funny, my little girl was on the duck and after I put the required 50 cents in, I saw the ladies down the block. Took them a while to get to the duck. In that second shot the reason why my daughter is looking at me is because the time was up, the duck had stopped moving rolleyes1.gif. I'm glad it lasted as long as it did, otherwise she would have scrambled right off the ride and I would have missed the second shot.

I couldn't tell if they were twins.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited April 9, 2012
    Quincy T wrote: »
    The juxtaposition of the first is wonderful, and the fact that the second lady is following the first makes it even more interesting and kind of gives it that "next level" boost. My only nitpick about it is that the expression in the second picture - or at least the more concrete evidence that the girl is actively using the ride - makes that iteration of the little girl better in my opinion. Also, the pole is emerging straight out of her head in the first one.

It's hard for me to decide on either one. I almost want to say the second, but there's something about the perspective of the first that makes it more appealing to me.

You know you have really grown as a photographer from your somnambulent days.
    Not only in the taking of the shots but in your critique.

Thanks for the detailed response to them and you have valid points on each.

if you read my previous comment--she is no longer "riding" the ride in the second shot. It had come to a stop.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited April 9, 2012
    M38A1 wrote: »
    I also see what Quincy speaks of.... I prefer the first, yet love the two other ladies and their 'rides'. thumb.gif

Thanks Scott. I can't officially decide which I like best.
    This is one of those moments when I had plenty of time to decide if I wanted to take the shot.
    Liz A.
    _________