Watermark not being applied correctly?

thonsuthonsu Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited April 9, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Here's a link to my gallery.

As a watermark, I've uploaded a 700x700 transparent .PNG with my watermark in the bottom right corner. In my private SmugMug files gallery, it shows up fine, so it was uploaded correctly. However, when it's applied to images, it looks like it isn't stretched (or compressed) to fit - instead, it seems to be aligned with the top and stretched to be bigger than the image, cutting off part of the watermark on the bottom.

All other watermarks that I've uploaded did not have this problem, even if they were huge. I remade and reuploaded this watermark and the problem still occurred. Any suggestions?

Much appreciated!

Comments

• TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2012
    thonsu wrote: »
    Here's a link to my gallery.

As a watermark, I've uploaded a 700x700 transparent .PNG with my watermark in the bottom right corner. In my private SmugMug files gallery, it shows up fine, so it was uploaded correctly. However, when it's applied to images, it looks like it isn't stretched (or compressed) to fit - instead, it seems to be aligned with the top and stretched to be bigger than the image, cutting off part of the watermark on the bottom.

All other watermarks that I've uploaded did not have this problem, even if they were huge. I remade and reuploaded this watermark and the problem still occurred. Any suggestions?

Much appreciated!

If you have a look around that gallery, you will see that this is only happening on your landscape style photos and not on the portrait style photos. This is due to the watermark being portrait style...

What you might want to do here is create another watermark (landscape oriented) and apply that to your landscapes in your gallery so the watermark is properly placed.

-KevinW
    Support Hero
  • thonsuthonsu Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2012
    Thanks for your response, Kevin.

I'm not sure what defines a watermark as landscape-style or portrait-style, either in the case of a 700x700 pixel image or within SmugMug's inner workings. But I do know that this did not occur with previous watermarks, most of which were had much larger horizontal dimensions than vertical dimensions (i.e., more "landscape-like"), and one of which was also a 700x700 image with a signature just a bit larger than the one I currently use (and, thus, I thought, a bit garish).

I'd prefer not to have to apply different watermarks to individual photos - I would prefer to have things be working correctly (how they used to). I'm sure there's a way...