Options

5D III availability

Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
edited April 27, 2012 in Cameras
Dumb question but it seems like everyone on this forum who ordered a 5D III body has received it. Is there anyone who has ordered the 5D III body but had it put on back order?

I've been looking around and it seems like it is not in stock at a lot of places. I know B&H and Adorama are closed this week so I'm not sure that their sites reflect what they will have when they open up for business on Sunday.

I'm just curious, well more than curious:D, if this is just the usual pipeline filling hiccups or a longer term shortage.

TIA for any info. you might have.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2012
    Did you call tallyns.com ?
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2012
    Didn't think to do that, thanks for the pointer!
    Andy wrote: »
    Did you call tallyns.com ?
  • Options
    Isaac DwyerIsaac Dwyer Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2012
    Adorama
    I ordered mine from Adorama on Friday before they closed for the week. The sales guy I talked to made it seem like they had plenty in stock. I got the kit tho not sure about the body itself.

Hope that helps.

--
    Isaac
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2012
    Adorama fills the backorder in 2 weeks (14 days).

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2012
    Tallyn's site says the body is out of stock but I haven't called them yet to see if they have a date when it will be available.

However it looks like Adorama now says, and I must have missed this note when I looked before, they expect the body to be in stock next week.... so that's a good sign. My guess is that's true for B&H too even though their site doesn't mention it.

I know that all of those stores are good choices, but I've got B&H's shipping timing figured out so I can arrange things so I can be here when UPS comes by.

BTW a lot of places have the kit in stock, but all I'm looking for is the body.

Thanks all.
  • Options
    nw scoutnw scout Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2012
    Dan7312 wrote: »

BTW a lot of places have the kit in stock, but all I'm looking for is the body.

Thanks all.

Really?
    I have been calling all over and have yet to find any.
    I have a shoot coming up next week and would love to pick one up before hand, even if it is a kit.

If you know where I could get my hands one one please let me know.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2012
    According to their websites Tallyn's, Adorama (closed this week though). I found some others but they seem to be out of stock now.
    nw scout wrote: »
    Really?
    I have a shoot coming up next week and would love to pick one up before hand, even if it is a kit.

Thanks
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2012
    Really?

Thanks

Tallyn's has kit.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2012
    So I've kicked off an order for a 5D3 body from B&H over the weekend. Of course it's on backorder. Just curious if anyone else has a 5D3 body that's stuck on backorder too?

There have been rumors that Canon stopped shipping the 5D3 to fix the back LCD light leak, but this could just be B&H waiting for their next bunch to come in.
  • Options
    rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2012
    you might get lucky at Best Buy... I heard they were able to get 1-2 per store but they're only available for pick up
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2012
    Tnx, but I've had such good support from B&H over the years that I really would rather stick with them. I'm just curious if it's a general lack of availability.
    rhommel wrote: »
    you might get lucky at Best Buy... I heard they were able to get 1-2 per store but they're only available for pick up
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2012
    Does anybody know of a reliable US online retailer with 5D3 body only still in stock? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2012
    Did you find one?
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Does anybody know of a reliable US online retailer with 5D3 body only still in stock? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2012
    Did you find one?
    nope :-(:cry
  • Options
    nw scoutnw scout Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    I just bought the kit.
    Lens is $1,149 new but only $800 if you get it with the kit.
    Posted the lens on Craigs list the next day for $950 and sold it for $900, thus saving myself $100
    from the price of the camera thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2012
    I just bought the kit.
    Lens is $1,149 new but only $800 if you get it with the kit.
    Posted the lens on Craigs list the next day for $950 and sold it for $900, thus saving myself $100
    from the price of the camera thumb.gif

That's an awesome deal :-)thumb.gif
    Anybody needs a brand new in the box 24-105? for $950 shipped free con us? ;-)
  • Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    I ordered one from Amazon on 03/22 and got it the first week of April. I also ordered one from Newegg on 03/25 but have yet to get it.
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2012
    Not quite sure how to interpret this, but this morning the B&H site changed the status of the 5d3 from "Pre order..." to "Temporarily out of stock" and removed the "Add to cart" button.
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2012
    Not quite sure how to interpret this, but this morning the B&H site changed the status of the 5d3 from "Pre order..." to "Temporarily out of stock" and removed the "Add to cart" button.

Looks like we early adopters lucked up on this one...rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2012
    Gee, then maybe I should order my 5D mk IV now!rolleyes1.gif
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Looks like we early adopters lucked up on this one...rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2012
    OK, one more thing I don't know how to interpret. On the Canon site the product advisory about the LCD light leak is gone. Just the ones about DPP and the 200&800mm lenes are there.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_5d_mark_iii?pageKeyCode=43
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2012
    OK, one more thing I don't know how to interpret. On the Canon site the product advisory about the LCD light leak is gone. Just the ones about DPP and the 200&800mm lenes are there.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_5d_mark_iii?pageKeyCode=43
    Weird...headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2012
    Updated advisory for LCD light leak. If it's something you think is affecting your 5d3 Canon will inspect and fix it.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_5d_mark_iii?pageKeyCode=prdAdvDetail&docId=0901e02480538fc7

To Users of the Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital SLR Camera

Thank you for using Canon products.

Concerning the EOS 5D Mark III digital SLR camera, when the LCD panel illuminates in extremely dark environments, the displayed exposure value may change. Canon has concluded the investigation of this phenomenon, and this announcement informs you of our findings as described below.

Phenomenon
    In extremely dark environments, if the LCD panel illuminates, the displayed exposure value may change. However, based on the results of extensive testing this change in exposure value will not noticeably affect the captured image.

Affected Product
    Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital SLR Camera
    *Products whose sixth digit in the serial number is 1 or 2 are affected.
       For example, “xxxxx1xxxxxx” or “xxxxx2xxxxxx” ([x] represents any optional number.)

Support
    Under almost all shooting conditions (including dark environments) this phenomenon will not affect your captured images. However, if you would like Canon to inspect your camera, we will provide this service free of charge upon request beginning in mid-May. Please contact Canon using the information below to request service.

This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.

Please register the EOS 5D Mark III. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when service updates are available. If you already registered, please ensure you are opted-in to receive the notification.

Thank you,
    Customer Support Operations
    Canon U.S.A., Inc

Contact Information for Inquiries
    Canon Customer Support Center
    Phone: 1-800-OK-CANON
    1-800-652-2666
    TDD: 1-866-251-3752
    Email: carecenter@cits.canon.com
    For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2012
    The "Add to Cart" button for the 5D3 has re-appeared on the B&H sitewings.gif It still out of stock but they are taking orders now.
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    I wonder if it'll be a '3xxxx' series...
  • Options
    macwestmacwest Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    when will they be in stores ? I hope by May.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2012
    I don't think anyone knows when stores will start to receive them. When they do come into stores most will probably be used fulfill back orders.
    macwest wrote: »
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2012
    I just checked the Best Buy's in my area online and all of them now have 5d3's available as ship to store. This morning they all said they were out of stock. So maybe Canon is refilling the pipelineclap.gif
    macwest wrote: »
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2012
    maybe shipping is starting up again
    Maybe 5d3 shipments are starting. The J&R site says both body and kit are in stock

http://www.jr.com/category/cameras-and-optics/digital-cameras/n/23-4294563304/

I just checked the Best Buy's in my area online and all of them now have 5d3's available as ship to store. This morning they all said they were out of stock. So maybe Canon is refilling the pipelineclap.gif
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,216 moderator
    edited April 27, 2012
    Maybe 5d3 shipments are starting. The J&R site says both body and kit are in stock

http://www.jr.com/category/cameras-and-optics/digital-cameras/n/23-4294563304/

My guess is the shipments will begin on the 29th again, everywhere, because of this.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky