Options

Help!!!!

Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
edited November 6, 2005 in Cameras
Today I was taking pics for the challenge with my 300d. I had taken about 75 pics everything is great then.......I stop to look at the pic to view the histogram and all I got was this:

CRW_8289wtf.jpg

I've tried taken more pics and the same damn thimg. Took out the battery, the Cf card, changed cards, changed batteries, let it sit for 15 minutes, changed lenses, everything I could think of and all I kept getting the same thing. HELP ME!!!!!

Thanks,

Eric
"My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    Something's wrong with your mirror. Send it in to Canon for service, after checking your mirror box for irregularities.
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2005
    Checked the mirror box and nothing seems out of place. Luckly when I bought this from Jeff LaPoint (not saying it's his fault) he gave me the Bestbuy service warranty for repair so I'm on my way out the door now. I called them and they said it will be 2-4 weeks before i get the camera back. Wish me luck!!

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

• Options
    jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    Checked the mirror box and nothing seems out of place. Luckly when I bought this from Jeff LaPoint (not saying it's his fault) he gave me the Bestbuy service warranty for repair so I'm on my way out the door now. I called them and they said it will be 2-4 weeks before i get the camera back. Wish me luck!!

Eric
    Yikeseek2.gif Hope everything works out OK! Sure am glad I sent up the Best Buy thingy...Wonder if it is broken if they will sport you an XT? Hope it all works out and let me know if there is any problem with the warrenty being transferrable!

-j
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    EXIF?

was flash used for the shots?
  • Options
    nathannathan Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited November 5, 2005
    Looks like it could be a problem with the shutter. It appears that part of it may be stuck.
    Nathan

Nikon D200
    and a vast assortment of lenses
  • Options
    ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    Eric&Susan wrote:

Eric
    The problem is the AF mirror actuator. It's the common fault on the 300D.

Mine died like this as well. The only "Fix" is to flip up the main mirror with your finger and flip the AF mirror up against the main mirror. You lose AF ability, but the camera will fire properly.
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2005
    Well I just got back from Bestbuy. They took my baby and said they will send it in for repair. Estimated time back to me is 11-17 so it's not that bad.

The geek squad guy said if they can't fix it they will replace it with something similar, I'm assuming XT. But I felt the XT and it is way to small for my big hands.

Just sit and wait now:cry

Eric

• Options
    edited November 6, 2005
    GREAPER wrote:
    EXIF?

was flash used for the shots?
    I tried about 20 different shots. All no flash, ranging from f2.8 to f18 and everything in between. All different exposure times also. Same thing on each pic.ne_nau.gif

Eric

• Options
    LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    Well I just got back from Bestbuy. They took my baby and said they will send it in for repair. Estimated time back to me is 11-17 so it's not that bad.

The geek squad guy said if they can't fix it they will replace it with something similar, I'm assuming XT. But I felt the XT and it is way to small for my big hands.

Just sit and wait now:cry

Eric
    I used to work at best buy... did it for 3 years... I was a tech... so I'm pretty fluent in their repair/ best buy warranty work...

Here's what will happen.

Hopefully you still have the receipt with it... That will help if they need to replace it... if not, they should be able to look it up...

If they can't fix it (costs more to repair than to replace) you should (9/10 times) get what you paid for it, credited towards your new camera. They will also try and sell you a new warranty (saying you used this one up, you need to buy a new one) you don't need to... it transfers over :) Now you can get one, so you can start your 4 years over again, but that's your choice...

if you get the run around, don't deal with it in store... call corporate... you'll get your way :) trust me...

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Steven
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2005
    LiquidOps wrote:
    I used to work at best buy... did it for 3 years... I was a tech... so I'm pretty fluent in their repair/ best buy warranty work...

Here's what will happen.

Hopefully you still have the receipt with it... That will help if they need to replace it... if not, they should be able to look it up...

If they can't fix it (costs more to repair than to replace) you should (9/10 times) get what you paid for it, credited towards your new camera. They will also try and sell you a new warranty (saying you used this one up, you need to buy a new one) you don't need to... it transfers over :) Now you can get one, so you can start your 4 years over again, but that's your choice...

if you get the run around, don't deal with it in store... call corporate... you'll get your way :) trust me...

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Steven
    I had the orginal receipt so they took it.
    If this is the case I hope they can't fix it cuz it was purchased for $999.99, if they credit that I will kick in a little more and get a new 20dclap.gif

Thanks for the tips,

Eric