Options

Amanda & Ryan - Star of India Tall Ship Wedding

Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
edited April 18, 2012 in Weddings
Had the privileged of shooting the wedding of one of my best friends Amanda back in November down in San Diego on the Star of India. This is a wedding I was originally supposed to shoot in Alaska back in July but they had to change the location do to family members not being able to attend. While I would have loved going to Alaska and shooting with that amazing backdrop I guess a tall ship is not a bad consolation prize. It was a lot of fun and also quite challenging, those ships are quite narrow which made finding good angles during the ceremony difficult. Your C&C is always appreciated

1. This shot reminds me of the floating dress scene in the first Pirates of the Caribbean.
Amanda-Ryan-0247-L.jpg

2. Right before their first look
Amanda-Ryan-0617-L.jpg

3. One of my favorite shots from my second shooter
Amanda-Ryan-0177-L.jpg

4. from the back corner of the front deck
Amanda-Ryan-0259-L.jpg

5. Felt for the little bridesmaids. The wind made it unseasonably cold
Amanda-Ryan-0342-L.jpgAmanda-Ryan-0353-L.jpg

6. Tried a little bit of a different processing for me on some of them, tried to go for a nautical feel
Amanda-Ryan-0375-L.jpg

7. First Kiss
Amanda-Ryan-0401-L.jpg

8. I love the way the light hit her in this one
Amanda-Ryan-0653-L.jpg

9. It was so cold up top we had to do most of the shots before the wedding in the cabin, great room, just really tight spaces
Amanda-Ryan-0545-L.jpg

10. Making the best of very small spaces
Amanda-Ryan-0587-L.jpg

11. The back of this ship may look familiar to you. Its the Californian (which is docked next to the Star of India) it was Barbosa's ship in Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides
Amanda-Ryan-0692-L.jpg

12. my attempt at a sunset silhouette
Amanda-Ryan-0675bw-L.jpg

13. I'm thinking they didn't mind all the kissing I was asking them to do
Amanda-Ryan-0627-L.jpg

14: we ducked out of the reception for a private dance back on the Star of India
Amanda-Ryan-0711-L.jpgAmanda-Ryan-0713-L.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look.
Jeff Milo
MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com

Comments