Options

>> challenge 17 winner <<

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited August 1, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
congrats to sid (wxwax) on his very beautiful reflection, "sean john"

you've won challenge 17 - reflections! this is sid's second win :thumb

you can view sid's winning photo here along with the rest of the past dgrin challenge winners!

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited July 29, 2004
    congrats waxy! Now, more importantly, are you gonna send Puffy his share of the winnings???

rolleyes1.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2004
    Congrats Sid! A well deserved first place!!!! clap.gif
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2004
    Fantastic shot Sid, Congratulations!!

and I've learnt something today... googled Sean John, I never knew he was Puff Daddy/PDiddy or who ever he is now!
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2004
    Thanks folks, you've really very kind. I thought the challenge had lots of excellent shots, any one of which could have won the thing. Thank you to those who voted for the Sean John shot... and a bigger thank you if you voted for any of the shots. You help keep the thing invigorated.

It's a testimony to the effectiveness of the challenges that everone who plays, has really improved their game. The improvement in everyone's work is really noticeable.

Anyone who's sorta sitting on the sidelines, unsure if they should risk playing in the Challenge pool... please take note! The water's fine, and your shooting will improve measurably as you participate and stretch yourself. And one last thing... it's a blast!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2004
    Oh, and no, the Sean John photographer is not getting a cut! But some starving photographer will. :D
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2004
    Congrats Sid, well done. clap.gif
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2004
    andy wrote:
    congrats to sid (wxwax) on his very beautiful reflection, "sean john"

you've won challenge 17 - reflections! this is sid's second win thumb.gif

you can view sid's winning photo here along with the rest of the past dgrin challenge winners!
    Congratulations Sid!
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2004
    Kudos SiD!
    clap.gifKudos, SiD!!!clap.gif
    clap.gifWonderful image. clap.gifWell Done!clap.gif

ginette
    thumb.gif
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    motimoti Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2004
    Congrats to sid for winning this challenge. Not only you photo is very artistic and beautiful but it also tells a whole story. It is really one of my favoriets.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2004
    Congrats Sid!! a real winner you must be thrilled with it. Superb shot.. and very "Sid". bowdown.gifclap.gifbowdown.gifclap.gif

Lynn
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Congrats Sid!! a real winner you must be thrilled with it. Superb shot.. and very "Sid". bowdown.gifclap.gifbowdown.gifclap.gif

Lynn

You're to blame for pushing me out the door one last time. I had almost resigned myself to not having an entry. Thanks. 1drink.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2004
    moti wrote:
    Congrats to sid for winning this challenge. Not only you photo is very artistic and beautiful but it also tells a whole story. It is really one of my favoriets.

Thanks moti, and thank you for taking the time to judge. It's fantastic to have a fresh perspective. The bit in your comment about telling a whole story... I think that's so important. I really do think a good pic has to work on more than one level, to be really satisfying.
    Sid.