Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,912 moderator
    edited April 12, 2012
    WooHoo, a 4k dSLR from Canon. clap.gif

While the video output from 5D MKIII and 1D X should satisfy a lot of "indie" style shooters, the 1D C will give the smaller professional video houses another option for 4k acquisition at a fairly reasonable price.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2012
    10k euros so that's 17+k with a direct conversion in price damn, but then again this is market to people who were buying RED systems. Real world we seem to get stuff cheaper than a conversion like that so what 15k-ish? That's not too bad considering but way beyond what I thought when I saw an 1D body.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2012
    I wonder if that new 30-105/2.8 would be in my price range headscratch.gif
    Update: I meant this: http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/12/canon-c500-eos-1d-c-4k
    UpdateII: I guess not :-( : "It's important to note that while the EF-mount versions will fit the 1D C, they can't be used for shooting stills, mainly due to vignetting". Oh well...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2012
    It will be interesting to see how well this plays out with filmmakers who are currently using Red? Even the Scarlet X is not within this price point for a fully equipped set. I believe that "body" can even be ordered with a Canon mount vs Ti and yet I have a feeling that Red will have some serious competition from Canon ...
    All hail the electronics giant known as Canon!
    Yo soy Reynaldo