breaktime, cleveland, ohio

MaddyJMaddyJ Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited April 13, 2012 in Street and Documentary
opinions? suggestions? thoughts? comments?

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2012
    Hey there MaddyJ and welcome to street.
    I don't know if it's because your image is attached or it was shot like this, but it's a little blurry.
    I still really like the shot though. My advise would be to get closer, however, I don't think you could have gotten the three people in the shot as you did if you had been closer. I like that they are almost world's apart, but just separated by the giant column.
    Also, I find the colorful watermark distracting as it's on one of the main subjects (actually they are my favorite part of your shot) but my eye keeps wandering to your reds and oranges of your watermark.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2012
    Hi Maddy. What Liz said, except I don't agree about "closer." Closer would have been a different picture, calling for a different evaluation. I really like this one. But the watermark is a problem. How about a nice, very small, pure white or black watermark faded to just above visible? I'm not sure why you feel you need a watermark. I use a copyright notice, but even that isn't necessary since the last revision of the copyright laws. I only do it out of force of long habit. If you do it right, your copyright is in the exif, and that should be enough notice.