Halloween costume portraits

TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
edited November 6, 2005 in People
I posted one of these in the whipping post for suggestions but thought I'd share all of them. Smugmug gallery.

43214996-L.jpg
panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
Sony F717 | Hoya R72

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    TristanP wrote:
    I posted one of these in the whipping post for suggestions but thought I'd share all of them. Smugmug gallery.
    adorable kids and costumes!! your wife does a great job! I think these shots would make nice family postcards or gift cards but you gotta do something about that background.. I have the same problems.. Andy is always yelling at me for my tacky backgrounds. You could duplicate the shot, blur the background copy and extract the kids onto it.. or you could try to clone out the wrinkles in the sheet but thats gonna be hard.. I love the colors and idea but I find the wrinkled sheet just too distracting.
    Lynn
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    I have to agree with Lynn
    lynnma wrote:
    adorable kids and costumes!! your wife does a great job! I think these shots would make nice family postcards or gift cards but you gotta do something about that background.. I have the same problems.. Andy is always yelling at me for my tacky backgrounds. You could duplicate the shot, blur the background copy and extract the kids onto it.. or you could try to clone out the wrinkles in the sheet but thats gonna be hard.. I love the colors and idea but I find the wrinkled sheet just too distracting.
    Lynn

All I saw was that very sharp and very wrinkled sheet! Then I saw the cute children in their costumes.

You could try putting the sheet in the dryer for 5 minutes to see if some of those wrinkles come out -- but if you're handy in your retouching program you can soften them or substitute a different background entirely.