#100 - Last minute change of heart

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited April 16, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm happy with my current entry but have been playing with several different aging techniques and was wondering if either of them stand out in any way.

Here's my current entry:
i-xDm7mmQ-L.jpg

Updated version #1 - Added more grain, a little blur, and toned down reds and yellows
i-4DWh9Cp-L.jpg

Updated version #2 - toned reds/yellows down even more; added grain + blur; faded edges of photo; added title
i-m9xkHCB-L.jpg

Comments

• billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2012
    I prefer the coloring and look of the second version. Not sure the uniformly blurred border of the third one works well. I'd expect to see more lens effect than such clear rectangular blur/vignette. Also the text on the bottom here is in an obvious digital font (each letter is more or less monospaced and not completely connected) that immediately says "computer typeface."
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    billseye wrote: »
    I prefer the coloring and look of the second version. Not sure the uniformly blurred border of the third one works well. I'd expect to see more lens effect than such clear rectangular blur/vignette. Also the text on the bottom here is in an obvious digital font (each letter is more or less monospaced and not completely connected) that immediately says "computer typeface."

Thanks for the input, Bill. I appreciate it! thumb.gif
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    I like the last one thumb.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    And just to further confound things, I also prefer #2. For some reason, the foxing that is occurring on the left edge is much more effective on 2 on my monitor...and I love the drama of the sky. But, I have to say, this image is among my favorite in the round so far, so I'm not sure you can go wrong!
    edited April 16, 2012
    I like the last one thumb.gif

Thank you!!!
    edited April 16, 2012
    And just to further confound things, I also prefer #2. For some reason, the foxing that is occurring on the left edge is much more effective on 2 on my monitor...and I love the drama of the sky. But, I have to say, this image is among my favorite in the round so far, so I'm not sure you can go wrong!

Thank you!!
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,209 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    I like the last one better myself. All of them are very nicely done though, so as already said, hard to go wrong no matter which you choose.

Sherry
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited April 16, 2012
    I like #2 and #3 and would have liked to see a combination of the two if there as more time. The perimeter of #2 with a bit of the sharpness and contrast of the house as in #3. Both are great options though in my opinion.

Gretchen