Options

Pricelists not working

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited May 20, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I set up a pricelist (using the Start Over option) that I want to apply to all my galleries but I can't figure out how to do that. There is no button to set it as default pricing like is shown in the Smugmug example. When I go to a gallery to "set prices" I get a window that tells me I can apply one of my pricelists, but it does not give me a choice of using the pricelist I created. It says the gallery is set for default pricing but those prices show my old prices. It does not allow me to override the existing prices with the new pricelist.

Can anyone help?

Lauren
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2012
    redleash wrote: »
    I set up a pricelist (using the Start Over option) that I want to apply to all my galleries but I can't figure out how to do that. There is no button to set it as default pricing like is shown in the Smugmug example. When I go to a gallery to "set prices" I get a window that tells me I can apply one of my pricelists, but it does not give me a choice of using the pricelist I created. It says the gallery is set for default pricing but those prices show my old prices. It does not allow me to override the existing prices with the new pricelist.

Can anyone help?

Lauren
    As a Support Hero I can see your Price Lists.

You have two currently: Print Pricelist & Standard Pricelist

'Print Pricelist' is set as the default. All of your galleries and images will be set to use that Price List unless you assign them to a different Price List or change which Price List is default.

'Standard Pricelist' Currently doesn't have any galleries or images assigned to it. You should be able to see this Price List in your drop down in the gallery when you select to 'set prices'.

If you want to change which Price List is 'default', click on the 'edit list' link on the Price List you want as default and select 'Make this my default pricelist'.

More information here: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/93345
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2012
    Thanks, Rich. I got it to work with the "Standard Pricelist" and have assigned all my public galleries to that one. Not sure what went wrong with the first pricelist. Thanks for the quick reply and the link.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    Sunny DaysSunny Days Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 19, 2012
    I had the same problem and was able to fix it. I'm currently using one Pricelist for all my galleries.
    I created a new price list (My Price List), and made it the default instead of the one that was there already (Your Default Pricelist).
    Then I noticed some galleries were using the new default pricelist and some were not.
    To fix it, I went into the galleries that were not using the new pricelist and did Tools>This Gallery>Set Prices and changed it from 'Your Default Pricelist' to 'No Pricelist Defined'. The new pricelist I created (My Price List) won't be listed there because it is currently the default pricelist.
  • Options
    dancingwolfdancingwolf Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 18, 2013
    I cleaned up my pricelists and now have only one and it is set to default. On the Manage pricing page it does not show in the blue bar any galleries or photos the list is applied to. When I go to a gallery and go to the tools drop down and set prices only "no pricelist assigned" is in the dropdown. Any suggestions to have this information show up? Or does it only show up if you have multiple pricelists?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2013
    I cleaned up my pricelists and now have only one and it is set to default. On the Manage pricing page it does not show in the blue bar any galleries or photos the list is applied to. When I go to a gallery and go to the tools drop down and set prices only "no pricelist assigned" is in the dropdown. Any suggestions to have this information show up? Or does it only show up if you have multiple pricelists?
    Take a closer look at the whole text in the box. It should say:
    "This gallery inherits default pricing. Override with:"
    That means unless you select another pricelist from the drop down menu, your gallery will be priced with your default pricing, which is your default pricelist. That default pricelist will never show in that drop down menu as it's automatically applied to all galleries unless you override it.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero