Segway Rider in Rome

InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
edited July 3, 2012 in Street and Documentary
A UWA shot from Piazza Del Popolo. I was struggling to make a decent scenic and sort of ended up with a street shot when this guy struggled into the shot on a Segway (it looked hard). Photo links to a Smugmug 3XL for your big monitor viewing pleasure.

OM-Only-to-Jpeg-XL.jpg

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2012
    There are some who don't like to admit that some
    rules work. I think this is a case where the rule about
    not centering your subject works. I like the background
    and I like the guy, but I would like to see it with the
    guy entering the plaza at the left and the background
    to the right. It would have meant shooting from a
    different angle.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    Or... you crop the image from the left to the first cupolaed dome so he's on the left third point! thumb.gif

:D

Nice shot.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    I agree with Tony. The shot should either have had the guy at the left, or at the right, heading out of the picture. The left would be the traditional approach, but sometimes you can do something interesting by reversing it. Don's crop is a thought, but seems to me the picture is about the piazza. The guy on the Segway is pretty much incidental. To be more than incidental he'd have to be doing more than riding across the piazza on a Segway.
  • segwayosegwayo Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 3, 2012
    I actually really like the image, I like how the guy on the Segway is moving in the opposite direction to everyone else. You should be able to edit it to achieve your desired effect though, try photoshop.