Vibrating 3-D

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
edited November 6, 2005 in Holy Macro
Someone here posted a link to a site that had some odd 3-D pics that were made into animated GIFs ( http://www.digitalgrin.com/showpost.php?p=172257&postcount=1 ). A colleague on another site did this to one of my recent 3-D macro pics. It sort of works icon10.gif
Comments welcome Brian V.

43241433-L.gif

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    Ohhhhhh Yes Indeed
    Someone here posted a link to a site that had some odd 3-D pics that were made into animated GIFs. A colleague on another site did this to one of my recent 3-D macro pics. It sort of works icon10.gif
    Comments welcome Brian V.
    That works really well for this shot Brian......that is wayyyyyy COOL clap.gifclap.gif
    Makes it look like the bug is vibrating it's wings so much so that it's cause the leaves to move ......man that is really really clever clap.gif Well Done !
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    That works really well for this shot Brian......that is wayyyyyy COOL clap.gifclap.gif
    Makes it look like the bug is vibrating it's wings so much so that it's cause the leaves to move ......man that is really really clever clap.gif Well Done !
    Skippy (Australia)
    Thanks Skippy- quite good fun this.
    Oddy enough this shot is made from two handheld shots that I had previously used for focus stacking (ie I thought they were identical apart from focus depth). It appears that my accidental movement between shots is enough to capture some stereo info as far as the brain is concerned. :):
    Brian V.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    Wow ...ive been sitting staring at that for over an hour & a half :jose
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    How is it put together Brian ???
    Thanks Skippy- quite good fun this.
    Oddy enough this shot is made from two handheld shots that I had previously used for focus stacking (ie I thought they were identical apart from focus depth). It appears that my accidental movement between shots is enough to capture some stereo info as far as the brain is concerned. :):
    Brian V.
    You have us all intrigued........how do they put the images together to make it look 3D ??? this is quite an amazing picture...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited November 6, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Didn't realise it was hypnotic rolleyes1.gif
    Brian V.
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif
    Brian has me intrigued but Gus has me worried.....Just how much kava have you had tonight?rolleyes1.gif

That looks seriously cool....
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    Midge Buzzings
    Ummmmm. It's fun and it's interesting, and I couldn't even guess how it is achieved. But I truly prefer images to be images and "movies" to be movies. It is a great little novelty but I think the novelty would wear off. And I couldn't hang it on a wall.
    edited November 6, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    You have us all intrigued........how do they put the images together to make it look 3D ??? this is quite an amazing picture...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy- the stereo pair are carefully aligned just by cropping and then the JPGs are loaded into something like Adobe Imageready using the import folder as frames.
    This sets them up as an animated gif which you can manipulate a bit and then save.
    Brian V.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    And I couldn't hang it on a wall.
    Dont be silly... just imagine the noise trying to get to sleep with it banging on the wall plus the nail would vibrate out of the wall & it would keep falling.
    edited November 6, 2005
    Ummmmm. It's fun and it's interesting, and I couldn't even guess how it is achieved. But I truly prefer images to be images and "movies" to be movies. It is a great little novelty but I think the novelty would wear off. And I couldn't hang it on a wall.
    You might be able to hang it on the wall with one of those LCD picture frames- not sure if they would handle animated GIFS :D .
    But you are right , just thought it was a way to show the 3-D shots for those people that cannot visualise the static stero pairs.
    Brian V.
    edited November 6, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Dont be silly... just imagine the noise trying to get to sleep with it banging on the wall plus the nail would vibrate out of the wall & it would keep falling.
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Brian V