Nice Ride

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited April 24, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    Nice sharp image. I don't know what sort of latitude you had to position the bike or yourself, but the car coming out of the bike's gas tank really detracts from this effort....it's a shame it had to be in the background.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    Nice sharp image. I don't know what sort of latitude you had to position the bike or yourself, but the car coming out of the bike's gas tank really detracts from this effort....it's a shame it had to be in he background.

Tom

Thanks Tom! I know what you are saying. Oh well, I will learn something from the effort.
  • avangardphotoavangardphoto Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    I would go wider to include the whole bike.
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    Though both Tom (who is pretty much a master at car photography) and Avangard have valid points, I love this as a street shot. It's not so much about the bike.

I have the image of hapless photographer about to get punched in the face by bike owner:)
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited April 20, 2012
    It's funny you should say that because I think we were both surprised at the same time, it all went well though,he says to me " You like Bikes" and my response was nice ride and then we chatted for some time.

Thank you for your comments Liz very much appreciated and insightful as well.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2012
    Though both Tom (who is pretty much a master at car photography) and Avangard have valid points, I love this as a street shot. It's not so much about the bike.

I have the image of hapless photographer about to get punched in the face by bike owner:)

What Liz said. mwink.gif How're your teeth? All there? I don't think I need to see the whole bike and I didn't notice the car/gas tank issue till my attention was drawn to it. It didn't deter me from enjoying a fine capture.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2012
    nice chromatic processing...cool!
    edited April 23, 2012
    Patti wrote: »
    What Liz said. mwink.gif How're your teeth? All there? I don't think I need to see the whole bike and I didn't notice the car/gas tank issue till my attention was drawn to it. It didn't deter me from enjoying a fine capture.
    damonff wrote: »
    nice chromatic processing...cool!

Thank you for the comments folks very much appreciated.
  • JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2012
    The tones are fantastic as is the Bikers expression...Bravo !
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2012
    Man you are nailing the be conversions... well done! I agree with thecomment about the dar, but I don't mind -I actually prefer- a partial bike.
    edited April 24, 2012
    I would go wider to include the whole bike.
    Thank you for looking and for the comments.
    Javier wrote: »
    The tones are fantastic as is the Bikers expression...Bravo !

Thank you! much appreciated.
    Juano wrote: »
    Man you are nailing the be conversions... well done! I agree with thecomment about the dar, but I don't mind -I actually prefer- a partial bike.

Thank you! for the kind words very much appreciated .