Mega Round #16 - Spoof Movie Poster

2»

Comments

• SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    richtersl wrote: »
    I just checked her exif and it is fine. The correct photo showed up. I'm using Internet Explorer 7. Have you tried clearing your cache?

I just cleared it a few days ago. I use IE also. I have no idea what is going on....flukey thing!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    SeascapeS wrote: »
    I just cleared it a few days ago. I use IE also. I have no idea what is going on....flukey thing!

That IS flukey! Do you have another browser you can test it on?

But at least Joyce can see her exifs and that's what counts. :whew
  • MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    JAG wrote: »
    Since I must not have made myself clear in the instuctions about what I wanted...ie, all images, backgrounds, textures must be photographs with current exifs, I will allow 'filled' layers as acceptable this round. However I will have to remember to next time be more explainative so that it cannot mean two things.

I wish the question would have come up a week ago.

Thanks, in the first place I did not think that the background consists of the solid fill layer as well. I was sure that I cannot use the textured ones, but I had no idea about the solid ones.
    In the first place I did not use the fill layer for any other part except my filmstrip and I have the exifs of all my backgrounds. As I said before for example for black parts I only changed the exposure in the selected areas. I created the filmstrip again with my own files and cut and paste. The final result exactly looks like the previous file, as solid black is black no matter it is a picture with no exposure or the fill color. However, I included the exifs even for my black backgrounds as a reference in my link.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 30, 2012
    Memol wrote: »
    Thanks, in the first place I did not think that the background consists of the solid fill layer as well. I was sure that I cannot use the textured ones, but I had no idea about the solid ones.
    In the first place I did not use the fill layer for any other part except my filmstrip and I have the exifs of all my backgrounds. As I said before for example for black parts I only changed the exposure in the selected areas. I created the filmstrip again with my own files and cut and paste. The final result exactly looks like the previous file, as solid black is black no matter it is a picture with no exposure or the fill color. However, I included the exifs even for my black backgrounds as a reference in my link.

Had I of worded it correctly in my first instruction post, it would not qualify. You would have had to have taken a picture of an actual film strip and then layered the other photos over it to get the effect your going for. But because I did not specify Photograph exif, I will not disqualify a newly created image of a filmstrip by editing program as it has a date of creation.
  • ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    Ain't got one. I put the book down on my Wacom tablet and used the pen and the pen tool to draw the elements right onto the photo.

I guess I could photograph the book and extract the same elements, but, I don't have time for that.

If this DQ's it, I guess I'm out. (I guess I could repost it with the text alone, but that would be a weaker image.)
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    Joyce - I added links to exifs for the original photo and the colored layer, whether it's necessary or not, no biggie. I had saved the shot as a psd, so all my layers were intact; the reason the modified date of the layer is later than the original exif is because I just opened my psd file today so I could save the paint bucket layer, & I saved the full kitty shot the other day. I hope this is okay.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 30, 2012
    greg I am sorry but the OP says "With the exception of your text, all pixels used in your poster have to be justified with a current EXIF. That means any layers including textures and backgrounds. So be sure to list all your EXIF info if you have multiple layers of images"

I think its still a strong image without it if you didn't save your layers. Sorry.
    edited April 30, 2012
    OK. No prob. DQ away.

Don't take this wrong, I'm really not complaining, I'm fine with this, and I still may try to find a way to fake it in a way that qualifies. But I think this is what bugs me a little bit about the Photoshop challenges (as opposed to the photography challenges), as I griped about earlier in this thread. You gotta have it one way or the other. If it is to be a pure photograph, that is one thing, but if the challenge is to be a digital compositing challenge, there are just too many powerful PS techniques and features (e.g., brushes, actions, textures created de novo, painting features) that cannot fit into a EXIF-based challenge. But, mild MILD MILD rant over now, let me go see if I can fix this in a Memol kinda way...
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
    edited April 30, 2012
    OK. There may or may not be two separate exifs there. I Memol'ed it. Took a black photo from today. Used the pen tool to cut the shapes out of that photo. Saved that as a jpeg with an exif.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    ghinson wrote: »
    OK. There may or may not be two separate exifs there. I Memol'ed it. Took a black photo from today. Used the pen tool to cut the shapes out of that photo. Saved that as a jpeg with an exif.

Actually tonight I remembered I have some film strips and I took a photo on a red background and made the strip again. I created the whole thing in less than 30 minutes including taking photo, uploading and post processing. The other method took more than 2 hours as I didn't know how to do it in Photoshop and making symmetry cuts was so much trouble. However, the Godtoddler started crying before the deadline, so I did not have chance to save all the files and upload the new file into the gallery. However, you can see my files including the real film strip picture in my link to the exifs.
    Before the Norman Rockwell challenge, I was only using the tool to crop and change the light a little bit. So I learned to use Photoshop during last 3 challenges.