Options

Anybody else still waiting on their D4?

HelvegrHelvegr Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
edited April 22, 2012 in Cameras
I feel like we almost need a support group. I preordered my D4 Jan 6, my very first Nikon purchase too! I'm sitting at home with an XQD card, but no reader yet, and a D4 L Plate from Really Right stuff.

I'm going crazy!

Anyway, if anybody else is still waiting...you are not alone! We must stick together during these hard times. :)
Camera: Nikon D4
Lenses: Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikon 50mm f/1.4
Lighting: SB-910 | SU-800

Comments

• Options
    Brian_SBrian_S Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2012
    could be worse, you could be waiting for the 1dx
  • Options
    HelvegrHelvegr Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2012
    Good point. I hadn't even thought about those people. Maybe we need a cross branding support group. All are welcome!
    Camera: Nikon D4
    Lenses: Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikon 50mm f/1.4
    Lighting: SB-910 | SU-800
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2012
    I ordered my D4 in January. The dealer said that they willbe receiving a sipment in on 4/26 or 4/27.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2012
    Since it is what you have to go on, I really prefer the 'form' and feel of the XQD cards to the SD. Seems more solid, just big enough to not be so easily lost.

I hadn't used the latest and greatest SD cards in a while, but boy is the XQD fast. Take 10 shots - the "writing to card" light turns off really quickly.

Hope your D4 arrives soon!