Hometime

SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
edited April 18, 2012 in Street and Documentary
CA04181218241869-L.jpg
Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951

Comments

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2012
    Sync,

I'm liking your recent shots aesthetically. But for some reason, I'm having a hard time connecting to them emotionally. I'm not sure it's just a matter of getting closer. If I had to put a word to it, I think the compositions are somehow too static.
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2012
    Afraid I agree with Jennifer, Synco. Exposure's good. Conversion's good. Composition follows the rules. But it's just a kid going home from school. I'm not sure Jennifer's right about static composition, but I can't really think of anything else to put my finger on.
  • SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2012
    I can't disagree with either of your comments. I think that the images reflect how I'm seeing things at the moment, maybe more of an 'arty' rather than 'edgy' approach and also the fact the people of Laos are not given to outward displays of emotion.

These are probably more suited to the 'Journeys' forum than 'Street and PJ' but I'll carry on posting here as I appreciate the honest feedback.
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951