Options

Photo cards

skywalkerbethskywalkerbeth Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
edited April 21, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
Hello

I see there is an option to make blank 5x7 photo cards. The best pricing is 25 for 35 bucks.

Is it possible to mix and match (25 cards, using 5 different photos), or not?

Thank you

Beth

Comments

• Options
    deb22deb22 Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    Beth, check out crystal clear bags and get all you supplies for do it yourself cards, It is easy and Way more cost effective.
    COUNTRY ROADS ARE NATURES HIGHWAY. http://dafontainewildlife.com
  • Options
    Pure EnergyPure Energy Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    If you wanted five of each image... you wouldn't get the discount for ordering 25.

Any pricing suggestions for the 4x8 cards? 5x7 cards? and a deck of cards? If I've come up with prices for wallets, 4x6s and 5x7s... it just seems like I'm giving up profit for the savvy customer who knows to buy the quantity discounted deck of cards, 4x8 cards, and 5x7 cards. So, is there a rule on how to price these? Or should I reluctantly offer them when someone asks me for them on a specific photo?

Deb22... I do wish the prices were cheaper for cards but at what point is it easier and more cost effective if I have to buy a color printer and go through the hassles of owning one to get photos printed onto 5x7 cards?
  • Options
    kevingearykevingeary Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    Moocards.com does custom cards with unlimited images per card pack.
  • Options
    deb22deb22 Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2012
    If you wanted five of each image... you wouldn't get the discount for ordering 25.

Any pricing suggestions for the 4x8 cards? 5x7 cards? and a deck of cards? If I've come up with prices for wallets, 4x6s and 5x7s... it just seems like I'm giving up profit for the savvy customer who knows to buy the quantity discounted deck of cards, 4x8 cards, and 5x7 cards. So, is there a rule on how to price these? Or should I reluctantly offer them when someone asks me for them on a specific photo?

Deb22... I do wish the prices were cheaper for cards but at what point is it easier and more cost effective if I have to buy a color printer and go through the hassles of owning one to get photos printed onto 5x7 cards?
    It's cheaper by order #2, it is so inexpensive to buy a small printer and ink is under 3 dollars per cartridge now so if you sell anything at the small sizes it is way cheaper and you control all the color cropping etc, so you approve everything that leaves your house without any hassle of returns or having to approve proofs. It is faster and cheaper but only if you sell your work, if you are only having an order once in a blue moon I maybe would not bother. I started selling a few packs and now I sell hundreds a week so it was a no brainer for me but I still ate the small investment early on and I am glad I did. Almost every photographer I know sells the large prints and canvas [I do too] but I have found that when offered, cards are an affordable option for those that can not afford the large expensive items, I still charge over 5 bucks a card and people are willing to buy and collect them and at many markets the cards will outsell the larger pieces and it is almost all profit[ I am not talking $twenty thousand here just 2 to 3 thousand a farmers market but that is still money, right]. It's funny but I have told many photographers [much better than me] to sell cards but it is always the same reply, not worth my time, I guess it is up to each person but marketing to the right crowd and area can be a money maker when people are willing to try. Also I have had the same printers for over 9 years so it is not a hassle at all and I buy paper when on sale so a little planning goes a long way.
    COUNTRY ROADS ARE NATURES HIGHWAY. http://dafontainewildlife.com