Options

Print credits, and clients choosing photos for a cd

ewoldewold Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited April 18, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've recently decided to further pursue portrait photography in my business(previously just did nature) so I signed back up with Smugmug after being gone for a few years. I'm selling packages to my customer that include print credits and digital files. And this brings me to my two questions:

1. If the user doesn't use all of the print credit when they order does the system remember how much they have left? Such as if they have $50 in print credit but only order $25 in prints today will they be able to come back and use the rest of the $25 at a later time?

2. If instead of digital downloads they want a CD - how do I do that? When proofing the gallery can they somehow mark the images they want on the CD - would it need to be thumbs up or is there something else they can do? Does anyone else have a way that they do this?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 18, 2012
    Hmm... I don't seem to be able to see what people ranked the photo as, so I'm guessing that's not the way to have my clients choose them.
  • Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2012
    To answer your questions:

1) If you create a print credit coupon, these work similar to gift cards, in that they can carry a balance. So yes, you could create a $50 print credit, and your client could purchase $25 of prints now, $10 another time, and $15 a third time if they wish, until the value of the coupon has been met.

2) You can use our Events feature, which can allow you to have event "participants" tag their favorite images. The favorites tagged by each person will be collected into a special gallery that you and your client can both view. You can read more about how to set up Events on your SmugMug site here:

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/83125-market-events---and-allow-your-customers-to-mark-their-favorites

After your viewer has tagged their favorites, you could easily download just those images back to your computer using the Tools > Download All option in the favorites gallery, and you could then burn a CD from the downloaded files :-)
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2012
    Sweet! Thanks so much!