Options

WTB...Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED

jh4wvujh4wvu Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
edited January 6, 2013 in Nikon Land
Looking to purchase a Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED at a reasonable price. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited April 20, 2012
    If it's one time use, consider a scanning service. Several folks have had decent results.

Prices seem to range from a few grand for a used one to over six grand for a new one. I'd buy from a reputable firm like Adorama or B&H.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2012
    Hmmm... I have one in like new condition that's been sitting around because I have a few hundred B&W frames to scan. Looking at those prices, perhaps I should consider selling it mwink.gif
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    I also have one I think I'd sell then maybe I can just borrow yours CatOne :)
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    jh4wvujh4wvu Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2012
    FYI...I was able to get one on Ebay for less than $1900. With the amount of negatives I want to scan it was going to be cheaper buying one rather than sending them off. I have the time and also figured I could add this as a service to my business.

Chris
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited April 28, 2012
    Adding to your business would be a great way to recoup your cost thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    tomincalgarytomincalgary Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 6, 2013
    Nikon Coolscan 5000ED for sale
    Nikon Coolscan 5000ED Slide Scanner with SF210 slide feeder

These units are no longer available and are the best thing out there for scanning slides. They handle Kodachrome very well and and one of the few scanners that will. The bulk feeder allows you to load up to 50 slides, start the machine running and walk away.

The results of the scans are truly amazing and these scanners are used by many professional scanning agencies that will charge you over $1.00 per slide.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me.
    $2700 obo

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-cameras-camcorders-Nikon-Coolscan-5000ED-Slide-Scanner-with-SF210-slide-feeder-W0QQAdIdZ444724545
    6Jan2013