wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    Only the first image is displaying...
    Regards

Will
    edited April 20, 2012
    wmstumme wrote: »
    Only the first image is displaying...

Oops, sorry about that Will. I had a burp between my computer software and Flickr during upload. They should be displaying now?
  • Options
    wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    Okay--now I see them all.

Overall, pretty good. The timing and the framing of these shots is very good. The first three each stand well on their own. The last one really needs the third one to explain it...and changes the meaning of the third! I think the second shot is probably the best of the group--if nothing else for the goalie's facial expression.

I'm not sure if it's my monitor, but the shots seem a little underexposed-all the whites seem a little blown out. Also, it's a minor thing but I try and make sure the images are rotated to bring everything back to level (for example, the last image, and maybe the third too, probably needs to go about a degree or two to the clockwise).
    Regards

Will
    edited April 21, 2012
    Will,
    Thanks for the review. I think you are right about the whites being blown out, I went back and adjusted the image exposure down though, not up. Here's one of the pictures corrected for exposure:

6947391904_e3fa0269f6_z.jpg
    DSC06076 by jimkerr1961, on Flickr

I think the whites are toned down nicely now, while still retaining image clarity and depth. I'm not sure about the horizon, I've got to take a longer look at that. My daughters game got cancelled this morning - the other team couldn't field a goalie? It's a non-league game, but I'm missing my morning Lax fix, lol.