Options

Down Time?

Z06NutZ06Nut Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
edited April 20, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
How much down time does SmugMug experience in a month?

I'm losing potential clients and $$$ everytime it goes down. I'm weighing my options now to see if I should leave SmugMug after using 6 years of use for something more stable.

Comments

• Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2012
    Unless you put up your own server/payment system, and make it redundant and geographically disperse it, you probably aren't going to find anything more reliable. I stood to lose money this week as well, fortunately my clients worked with me through some issues and I saved those sales.

Maintaining a personal touch can go a LONG way. And people LOVE discounts so extending a coupon to offset their inconvenience can go a long way...

Part of doing business.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    I'm not sure I agree that no-one else offers a more reliable service. The last few weeks aren't representative, but I'd be very interested to know what Smugmug's uptime targets are and how well it meets them.
  • Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    My issue is not whether someone offers a more reliable service. It's whether someone offers a more reliable COMPARABLE service.

I agree that these past few weeks are not reflective if what I've seen over time, but I am probably going to be out a good amount of money if the system is down this weekend.
    paulbrock wrote: »
    I'm not sure I agree that no-one else offers a more reliable service.
    The last few weeks aren't representative, but I'd be very interested to know what Smugmug's uptime targets are and how well it meets them.