McDonald's

RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
edited April 21, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    Nice processing as usual and I like the composition as well ! He must be old school ,no laptop, and the watch! I don't see a need for watches these days considering the computer age we live in. The fact that he is using a pencil and looking very productive is interesting in itself a very captivating image. Nice work Russ !
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    Nice comp & conversion Russ
    Rags
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    The watch looks like a Gshock watch--about $100 bucks w/ white being the #1 color in sales--I know because my son wants one:)

I like this shot Russ--
    Homework at the McDonalds--very nice. I like his scattered school supplies, the binder etc. Glad to see things aren't completely modernized these days.

i agree w/ lensmole that it has an old school feel to it.

lensmole--but is it an automatic pencil? :)
    Liz A.
    _________
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    My wife and I ate lunch in a booth across from him, Liz, from where I made the shot with a 50mm equivalent lens. He was there when we sat down and there when we left, and he never really looked up from his homework. The place was a madhouse. Beepers beeping, buzzers buzzing, kids zooming in and out of the Ronald McDonald playhouse. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like that before. If I'd been a local businessman, I'd probably have got his name so I could hire him once he was out of school.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited April 21, 2012
    I think this would have worked much better if you had been able to capture some of that chaos in the background.
  • RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2012
    Quite right, Richard, but my real mistake was to give Liz that explanation. Should have kept my mouth shut. The picture has to stand on its own.