Options

Shipping larger prints

ChrisFLChrisFL Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited April 20, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
For example 18 x 12 or larger, how do you ship? Poster tube?

Comments

• Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    Everything is flat shipped. I don't use anyone that doesn't flat ship. Yes, it costs more. But honestly, I am trying to get out of the business of loose prints. The LAST thing I want is for someone to by a 24x30 from me, and then not frame it well. I am moving toward nearly all ready-to-hang product.
  • Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    That is something i'd like to see in the product catalogs here at SM....

a product that is a pre-framed, ready to hang print (at a decent cost!) Any size you choose to offer, it comes in a variety of standard frames with matting, shipped to your customer, ready to unbox and hang.

I love the metal prints for this, but holy cow! nobody buys them because the mark up I have to do to make any kind of a profit puts it out of most folks pocket books!

Lee
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    I am starting to test these waters using an 8x10 metal print as a loss leader. I've added one with a float mount to my demo prints and have a booster president coming by tomorrow. I have metallic, metal, lustre surfaces, with float mounts and standoff mounts as well as loose prints. And sizes from 4x5 to 16x20 to show.

The problem with selling metal prints is that few have SEEN them. Seeing is believing with these things. And I will be doing all my personal prints for my house that way. But yes, they most certainly are costly!

-P

Wiren wrote: »
    That is something i'd like to see in the product catalogs here at SM....

a product that is a pre-framed, ready to hang print (at a decent cost!) Any size you choose to offer, it comes in a variety of standard frames with matting, shipped to your customer, ready to unbox and hang.

I love the metal prints for this, but holy cow! nobody buys them because the mark up I have to do to make any kind of a profit puts it out of most folks pocket books!

Lee
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    Our prints from Bay and WHCC arrive flat. Bigger prints from EZP arrive tubed.

Wiren: we hear you, and "stay tuned" :D
  • Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    Our prints from Bay and WHCC arrive flat. Bigger prints from EZP arrive tubed.

Wiren: we hear you, and "stay tuned" :D

It's so nice to be heard..., thanks Andy.

Lee
    Lee Wiren